Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week 20 - 5 month check up


Our little bug is almost 5 months old already. Her checkup went very well. Here stats are:

Head: 40 3/4cm - 34%-tile
Length: 26 in. - 86%-tile
Weight: 13lb. 6.5oz - 18%-tile

The doctor says she looks great. She answered my million questions, I always go in with a laundry list and she takes her time with me and tells me they are good questions. I love that she doesn't make me feel dumb for asking things, I really like her doctor. I forgot to take my usual dr office pics.

Silly Girl!



This week was pretty quiet. We had Kenny & Nancy Dutton stop by to visit Clara. Small world, in high school I traveled on Spring Break to Kenny's sister's house with my dad, Chizy, and Ana, we stayed with them for a few days. They live a street over from Tiffany and Steven and I'm only a few miles away myself. When I was 14 if you asked me if I thought I'd live in Seminole FL a few streets away from where I was vacationing I would have laughed, I never imagined leaving my small town life in Cuba, NY. It was so nice seeing them, I miss them dearly. They were so good with Clara, you can tell they are experienced grandparents even though their grand kids are grown. I wish we could see more of them. Hopefully when I'm up for Brandi's delivery/visit we can make it happen!



Clara has been such a great girl, as always. She is not eating at night now. That was a huge change for us as she was downing 6-8 oz. at some point in the night. She is waking up a little more, but just needs her pacifier or a little love to get back to sleep. This weekend we transitioned her to her crib. She naps in there so it wasn't a big deal. I slept in the spare room next to her to tend to her easily. I think one of us will continue to sleep over there since she is up multiple times while the other one gets a full nights sleep. I take advantage of Andre's offers at least once, if not two times a week. There is something to be said about a full nights sleep. I'm not up long with her when she is up but it's so nice to wake up in the night and just close your eyes again. Last night she did really well. She went to bed at 7ish, woke for her paci around 1, then needed it again at 4, 5, and 6, and was up for the morning around 6:30. All I had to do is give her the pacifier and she went right back to sleep all night long. I hope soon she can find it and put it in herself, she tries and is close but I'm thinking it will take a while for that when she is groggy. She is such an easy baby to put to sleep at night too, I swaddle her and give her a kiss and she turns her head and goes to sleep. Once in a while she may cry out a little, fighting sleep, but usually it's just a few times and she's out. I've been swaddling her with one arm out to help transition her out of the swaddle. She breaks out and sleeps free of it all night long now, but wrapping her up tells her it's time for bed. Soon I hope to just wrap her body and then not wrap at all.

Messy eater today!

 but happy.


Although so light, she is a good eater. She has about 4 to five bottles a day, in the morning usually only 4 oz but in the afternoon and evenings she will eat 6oz. She is burping less. She is still spitting up, not as much in the evening, more during the day when she is more active. It still doesn't bother her. She eats two servings of cereal and an entire container of a veggie or fruit. I found she took to fruits better this week. The doctor said her gag face or cringe is probably from where the food is placed in her mouth, not the taste of it. Even if it is due to taste, she said to try, try again, their likes change so much. When she is really hungry she gobbles it all in without making a mess, once she has about half of her cereal she starts to talk and accidentally spit so we get quite messy sometimes. Dada has yet to feed her, I'm looking forward to it though!




We haven't sent pictures in a while, I have many to send, including Valentine's Day, they'll get there soon! I'm hoping to have one for each month for a calendar for next year.

Friday Steven came over for happy hour and Nancy our neighbor joined us for a glass of wine later that night along with more delicious food. Nancy cooks for an army, but doesn't have one. She lives with her husband Bob and her daughter Anna. Her husband has a motto, "A new day, a new dining experience." She has 5 refrigerators and 2 freezers to keep up with his shopping and recipe requests. One day about a month ago, Nancy brought over something for Andre and mentioned how much food she has leftover and no one eats leftovers. I let her know we would be her disposal. Needless to say we've been eating like a King and Queen since then. She brings us so much delicious food on a regular basis. She is a fabulous cook, everything is delicious and much of it quite healthy with delicious veggies. I'm hoping to take a few lessons this summer. We can't thank her enough. We are so lucky to have them for neighbors! I need to get a picture of her soon so I can add her to the blog.

Clara loved grabbing at daddy's beer, when he would take a sip she would whine, she is grabbing at everything these days!
 
 
Andre has been working hard outside with his spring to do list. He has pulled plants, planted plants, moved plants, etc. He is out there every chance he gets now that it's light later, I don't see much of him. He changed the "floor" of the butterfly garden area. He put crushed shell and got a few big stones to make it easier to walk. It looks great! He also planted a mango tree and a papaya tree. We are having the pool fixed. It was coated with fiberglass and after years of chlorine eating away at it the fibers come off in your skin if you sit on the step or lean against the wall. It happened to me many times and I thought I was crazy. Then it happened to poor Tyler last summer and we knew we needed to take care of it. So, since we had to drain the pool we decided to take care of a few other things that bothered us about the pool, for example, it's too deep, the tiles were falling off around the edge, there is no seating. Our contractor is running into a lot of problems since there is so much water under our house. We were not surprised about that since we've had issues with the moisture in our house since we've moved in. Andre started to fix the ceiling over the table from an old leak outside on the deck since everything is a mess and a piece of plaster fell on his foot, the corner of the piece hit it pretty hard and his foot is quite swollen. So, he's taken it easy this weekend, we've spent some time together for the first time in a while. I know it drives him crazy to have to sit and relax when he has a to do list he'd like to attend to outside. Long gone are the days where he has my hands to help and we can get things done lickidy split. Now he's a loner out there. I appreciate all his hard work, everything looks great and I can't wait to see all his finished products.
 
Clara and I went for a walk while daddy worked this past week. I miss getting the workout daddy's projects require. That's how I got "into shape" for the summer. No wonder I have a ways to go... ;) Clara fell asleep at the end and we brought dinner out to daddy. Yes, Nancy's delectable shrimp scampi!!!
 

Yikes. You can see the rebar and stones getting ready for the sun shelf. This pool is extra deep, not sure what the reason was for that when it was built. You can see they've scraped off the fiberglass and tile and the high edge that we hated is gone so it will be level with the deck so Clara can "choo-choo" around the edge when learning to swim.

Daddy hard at work.

Finished product, beautiful, as always.



On Wednesday Andre sends me about 20 pictures and a few videos. I love it. It makes my day. She is always so happy with daddy, he takes such great care of her. He also sold two cars, did three loads of laundry and had the house clean since one of my old parents was planning on stopping by to drop a present off for Clara. Thanks so much for all you do my love!

 
 Most of these are from one day but there are a few from other mornings. Thanks for always keeping me happy with pics all day daddy, you are the best.








 This is my favorite. I kiss my phone when I come across this one.
 Best daddy!



We loved our weekend with daddy! Since he had to take it easy we took back Clara's baby monitor that sucks and got a different one. While we were there we picked out some 6 month toys for her since that time is coming. We took a picture of them so when she's old enough and begs for toys we can show her we did spoil her when we say no more toys.

Dada teaching her.

See Clara, we did spoil you!


I made a "pic stitch" of Clara to show how much she's changed. She looks so different! One week, one month, 2nd month, and 4th.

I made this one for daddy, some of his favorites.

Katie Hagman, my vball friend from college had a baby girl. So many of my college friends have had girls in the last year, too bad we're all spread out over the East Coast. Isn't she adorable!?

Charlotte Jean - so cute, look at those dimples.

A little happy over tired so daddy sang her to sleep. Yes, she is on her mattress pad, her sheets were in the wash, of course!

Dada's touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment