Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bye Bye Pacifier

Note: check previous posts, I've updated.

Well, it's only night 2 but I'm proud to report that we decided to take away Clara's pacifier over Thanksgiving break and it's been a success, SO far! I know it's early...I just knocked on wood.

The doctor recommended getting rid of her pacifier around 1. I decided to wait until Thanksgiving break so I wouldn't have to put an upset baby on the babysitters. I waited until Monday night and we listened to her cry for an hour straight, she was very upset. It killed us both. We both wavered, thankfully one of us held tight when the other didn't feel they could. I started reading online. It seemed okay to leave a baby sleeping with the pacifier until s/he is 2-3. We decided after an hour we'd do that, then she stopped crying. Now that she is sleeping through the night I am not willing to give up those nights so if she woke during the night crying I would cave. She slept from 8 to 6, then back to sleep until 7. Today for her nap she cried for less than a minute and laid awake for about 20 minutes until she fell asleep, sleeping almost 3 hours. Tonight she let out one whimper when I laid her down and asleep she went. We're so lucky she adjusts so well, she is such an amazing little baby, I should have had more faith she'd be fine quick.

I'm glad we stuck with it, it wasn't easy and it could have been way worse. Clara is not a crier so when she screams bloody murder, we crumble. If I would have known it would have only taken one night I'm not sure if I would have taken it sooner. It's been such a life saver on many occasions. Today while running errands she screamed on and off wanting to get out of the cart/stroller. She knows she can move and hates to be contained. It's really hard to take her places now and the paci helped, oh well!

Bye Bye Paci!

No comments:

Post a Comment