Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Let the sick season begin...

When I picked Clara up from school Monday she was warm. It escalated quickly that evening, no dance class for sure. Two others in her class were out with this illness. Tylenol and Motrin regiment began and it's still going...Wednesday 8pm. I don't know that she's had a fever this high, for this long. She has a nasty cough that developed Tuesday and lots of mucus. She threw up Tuesday night at 9pm and had bad dreams about spiders that she believed were true and was begging me to, "keep your eyes open mommy, find the two spiders, take them outside, and come back to bed to cuddle me...promise?!" Which I did, ;) until 3:30, mainly because I couldn't sleep. I was worried about how warm she as and she was squirming all over and lots of coughing. Thankfully when she feels sick she goes straight to her bucket and likes to keep it close. Tuesday I made an appointment for her, for Wednesday am in case she wasn't better. She was not at all, her fever still raging. They tested her for the flu and that was a no, thankfully. So, something viral that we need to ride out. She sat up off the couch for thirty minutes tonight, so that's progress. This girl never lays down and so if she does, she's quite ill. She hasn't sat up much since Monday pm. I've done my best to keep Bubs away, he is so good and plays by himself all day, Clara has been so snuggly and she just looks so sick I feel terrible. I wish I could split myself in two. I took him to therapy Tuesday am and Andre stayed with Clara. Today our interventionist came to the house to work with him which gave me an hour to get her settled after the doctor and asleep. I really hope she turns a corner soon.

I was supposed to be going to visit Ana tomorrow night, I would leave to catch my flight at 5. I'm pretty much giving it until then to decide what to do. I'm super afraid Everett will get this. It's respiratory and those take us to the ER in the blink of an eye. I'm not sure what to do. Time will tell. Let's see if I get more than an hour of sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment