Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

My Amazing Kids

 Some emails from school lately:


From Everett's PT:

Everett did very well today in PT. Heard a fair amount of congestion, but it didn't slow him down.

We did a lot of wheelbarrows, bear walks, jumping off and over to help break it all up. Lastly 😊

I vote Everett to be the most popular kid at Madeira Beach.

We were on the playground as a 5th grade class was lining up for PE. I heard some of the boys call his name, say, "Hi Everett", and then put their hands up for a fist bump. He said Hi back and fist bumped them.

Several more kids did the same.

And then as Everett was standing there, the rest of the class started coming up. HEEEEEE initiated saying hi to them. Of course all of the girls want a little hug and are so happy when Everett acknowledges them.

It was really cool to see. 


From his teacher today: "Everett's classroom job this month is messenger with Adelyn. They had to take something to the office this afternoon and then they got back, Addy said that, 'Everett did a great job!" It was so adorable, I'll get a picture next time."


From Clara's gifted teacher last week:

She had a "check-in" and I wrote that I'm working on getting Clara to slow down and take her time, she goes super fast and doesn't often make mistakes but once in a while. I want her to write neater and take more pride in her work. I asked how she is doing socially, she always seems to be doing fine but I wanted to ensure and this was her response: 

Hi!!

 

I just read your feedback for the Check-in. I do notice that Clara finishes her work very quickly and I often try to get her to go back, reflect on it, check for mistakes, etc. A lot of the times, she finishes quickly while getting a good amount of the questions correct. She is thoughtful with her responses but I do want to try to push that even further because I can tell she is doing well academically. Socially, I feel like she is flourishing in class. She really knows how to step up and be a leader. She is kind and encouraging to other classmates and I don’t notice too many nervous or anxious characteristics in class. If another friend is struggling or off task, I have heard her say things like “That’s really cool but maybe we should try to focus on this,” or “It’s okay, you did your best.” During recess, she tends to stay close to me if we are outside but plays well with others regardless. Overall, you’re doing a great job with her and I am proud of her!

I am one proud mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment