Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, March 26, 2016

WDSD the first

Today is World Down Syndrome Day - 3-21. (In case the date doesn't make sense to you: 3 = 'tri'somy of the 21st chromosome.)  I wanted to order t-shirts, but I waited too long and was afraid they wouldn't show. Then I wanted to make them but we're packing and report cards are due and we're getting ready for company and when do I fit that in? I could have done it on my own but I really wanted to get Everett's foot print and I need Andre's help and by the time he gets home he has one hour before E starts winding down and he's been in the garage getting rid of everything we own! So, instead of wearing perfect t-shirts we snuggled. I tried to get the house picked up but Everett's second tooth is coming in and he wanted to snuggle, and so did I, so we did. I snuggled my babies, for three hours. First, with Clara while Everett slept. She and I read and talked and she finally fell asleep, about 10 minutes later as I start to doze, Bubs wakes up, never fails. Even though I'm always so tired, I'm so excited to see him and hold him. So I fed him and he slept for 2 hours on me for Clara's whole nap. Then we played. It was a perfect WDSD, nothing special, just doing what we love and being together. Every time I felt guilty about not being the "perfect" mom with the shirts and a day planned full of celebrating and spreading awareness, I reminded myself that's not really what I want, I just want to hold my babies while they're small. One day we'll do shirts and activities, not this year. 

I love you my sweet Everett. You're perfect for me, you make me whole. I love celebrating you, our own simple way.




No comments:

Post a Comment