Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Smart little cookie...

Clara, you're something else these days. I have no idea what most two year old toddlers know, but you're something else, our little whipper snapper.

I need to keep better track of the things you know because the list I'm about to spew, most things have been going on for quite some time.

You know the words to so many songs and can keep up with them and sing along, even fast paced songs. Recent favorite: "Down by the Bay" You pretend laugh at the jokes throughout it since you know what's coming. The first time you listened to it, your real laugh was so much fun, you thought the rhymes were hysterical.

You were talking to me about how many cars were outside on the road and I said there was a lot of traffic. The next time we were in the car you said, "Mommy, look at all the traffic!" I say things once and you remember it, even when I'm not directly teaching you.

You can count on your fingers and count down now. You get frustrated when your fingers don't "go down" the way you want ask for help but I'm usually driving and we're singing songs like, "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and I can't help you so you just watch mine.

You're asking specific questions now. I used the word adult in a sentence and you asked what an adult is.

You told Dada out of nowhere the is big, you are medium and Nunu is little. You like to organize everything by size. When I told you what an adult was, you said adults are big. I didn't use that word first, I just gave you a list of adults you knew. You inference well. :) The teacher in me loves that about you since I know how many connections you'll continue to make.

Your shows have pattern practice on them and you started making your own. You'll get different pillows off the couch and make a pattern of them leading up to the couch and you'll complete the pattern so you can get to the "end" and climb up to the couch, if you do it "wrong" you make yourself start over. You also make patterns with your colors and blocks as well as shapes.

You are learning your colors in Spanish.When quizzed you know them but when asked to tell them back you're good at red, green and blue. You know when you mix colors you get new colors and you know white and red make pink, yellow and blue make green, etc. You know what your colors mean so you let me know the ENTIRE car ride if I should go because it's green, stop because it's red or slow at yellow. You'll also say, "Red means hot too, and blue means cold, and the sun is yellow."

I took down the visor from the front of the car yesterday and you told me it was to block the sun, we've never told you that. Later that evening I opened your sandbox and the sand was warm and you said it was warm because of the sun.

You're manipulative with your knowledge. Dada was snuggling with you and was going to go, you said you're not allowed to go since the lights were red. You were pointing to the camera lights in your bedroom. Unfortunately for you, your nightlight is green, so Dada had a good comeback.

You recognize numbers one through ten, higher is hit or miss. I give credit to not just your TV shows but your iPad as well. You play two different games that teaches you your numbers, letters, and many sight words. You are limited with the amount of time you spend on both, but it makes me happy there are so many educational videos.

You're amazing at make-believe. You LOVE to use your imagination and are great at it. For example, today in the car you finished your yogurt bites and you were pretending that the empty baggy was a sailboat. You said it sank and came up with an entire story as to why it sank about the waves and a hole in it, so you "patched" the whole and asked for a tissue for a sail. WHAT? Your creativity is out of control. You love to play make believe for ever, we could pretend play with your groceries, stuffed animals, trips we take and "wild" things we see. You lead the way with the goings on of our play, lately everyone likes to sleep and take naps and we need to be quiet and tuck EVERYONE in. Before that you cooked for everyone, before that you had to give everyone a checkup.

Recently you love having us all play a role. You've made me Daisy, Dada is Goofy, you're Minnie and Everett is Mickey. We all HAVE to address one another with the proper names and you get very upset if Dada and I break code by accident. While we're talking about names, you love names and nicknames. Nunu has a ton, so do you and "Bubbles" which came from "Bubba" or "Bubs" or "Bubba dub dub, three men in a tub" which is your favorite. You know Dada's name is Andre Feger and I'm Barbie Feger and you do know your brothers real name, thankfully so when people ask, you do say Everett instead of Bubbles. You understand the concept of a nickname and make them up for everything.

You try and use, "just kidding" appropriately, you're almost there.

You speak in complete sentences always and you don't sound like  little girl. You only say a few words "funny" - "girl" is my favorite. You say it like "gull". You say "lellow" for yellow but you do it on purpose because it drives me crazy. You say "puple" instead of purple, until I showed you the beginning is "purr" like what a kitty says so now you over enunciate it.

You are getting your shoes on and off well, undressing well, using the potty many times day and haven't pooped in your diaper in a while, but you stay VERY hydrated so a dry diaper is rare.

There's so much more, I'll continue to add to this. We love you Bear!

1 comment:

  1. She's so smart And getting way too big!!! Love you to pieces Sweet Clara!

    ReplyDelete