Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Squeaky Clean Teeth

What does one do when they drive all the way downtown for a dentist appointment on Monday when the appointment is Tuesday? Go to the park...


I guess she hasn't seen a squirrel up close before. She chased this little guy, for about ten minutes. He loved it, he was playing games with her.









Tuesday came, the right day for the appointment. Nunu was checking in as well of course.






Both the hygienist and dentist were great with her. The dentist has a 2 year old of his own and was highly impressed with Clara's behavior. Mama on the other hand, said she did fair. I was SO thrilled she opened and got a full cleaning. She didn't like water rinse or the spit sucker at the end so that only happened on one side. After that she was done, and thankfully so was the hygienist.





Her teeth look great. I guess it is worth all the tears when we try and brush her teeth. She is going through an easy phase right now. I think kids go in and out just enough to keep us sane.




She had to have gloves too of course. Then it was mama's turn. She was a very good girl for the next 45 minutes by herself. She hung out in the room with me, climbed on me, played with the activities I brought for her, played a number game on my phone and of course comforted me. 

She was very curious at first. She peered in my mouth for a solid five minutes without saying a word and just starred. Then, she started to pat me on the shoulder and told me it would be okay in her soft sweet voice. "It's okay mama, you'll be okay. I'm here. You're fine." Then a kiss on my head. Ya know, the things I say and do to her when she's upset, scared, worried. I wasn't any of those things, but she must have thought I was. What a sweetie, melted my heart. She's going to be such a great comforter to others, so sympathetic. I love you Clara. I'm so proud of you. 



2 comments:

  1. was that Dr. DeLassen? at Exceptional Dental?
    and good job Clara! and YOU for teaching her.
    I haven't been to your blog in a while, but thought you might want/need to blog/talk about this past week. I'll keep checking back, or you can always call :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did so good!!! Hope AJae does it's coming soon! Xox

    ReplyDelete