Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Covid Update

Not the blog post I want to be doing but Aunt Barb and Aunt Pinny might be happy to “hear” from me. 

Everett got sick a few weeks back and we weren’t sure what it was, they don’t test them at the dr unless the parents want it and it is no fun and the treatment is the same so I didn’t have him tested. He had a fever and a little trouble breathing, so some albuterol, cool mist and lots of love. His mood stayed the usual  and so did his appetite but we couldn’t take off to NY. He had two nights of chills that Tylenol kicked quick and was back to sleep. Then Clara got a fever a few days later and was chillin on the couch which she doesn’t do. Then Andre got flu like symptoms and it wasn’t two hours later it was me. They all bounced back but I continued to have temps in 105 and more and more symptoms. I took ice baths and was super lightheaded. Puked some. Andre was amazing and was up with me taking such good care of me with ice packs and hydration. I got really weak and couldn’t breathe well so he took me to the ER. My blood oxygen was 90 so they sent me home after some medicine and drawing blood and an IV. I felt like I was dying I couldn’t believe I didn’t need more medical attention. Although the care I had at home was a billion times better I was scared for my well being and how the heck I would get my body back to the hospital. Sure enough I woke up two days later and couldn’t get air. I almost passed out numerous times and andre called 911. Thankfully I puked right before they got there which gave me enough clarity to get in the car bc I didn’t want an ambulance ride. I got admitted and was on A decent amount of oxygen but the normal cannula. I slept okay but upon getting up to Pee in the morning I almost passed out and they rushed me up to the next floor for “high flo” oxygen. It’s a ton of air, my lungs must be horrible. I’m on something like a cpap 2 times a day for two hours and at night. I actually prefer it over the nose canula bc that thing gives me an instant headache and sore throat. He was able to lower the oxygen level which helped last night. I’m out of bed going pee and such but can’t go far bc the tubes. I am on antibiotics for a uti and some other bacteria they THINK I have but bloodwork should conform or deny that today. I hope i can be off that antibiotic bc they put me on a diuretic bc they want me dry. I have two superficial clots. The one in my left leg that has been there and now in the right. They are giving me needle jabs in my stomach to thin my blood. The high dose of steroid they give me causes high blood sugar so they are testing my sugar and giving me insulin the few times it has been elevated. 

Respiratory was glad I didn’t decline more so considered that good news. Hopefully there is more progress today. I’m trying to be patient but I miss my babies so bad. Andre has been doing an amazing job holding down the fort, I just want this to be over. 

Sexy huh 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1JADHmEfOASLh_iNiRdCpVMOCdAwEDp8h

This am text to andre 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=19Td5q61j5l-g15Ng8IJvBebnh2VbKx89

No comments:

Post a Comment