Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Friday, September 12, 2014

Week 46 - Sept. 11

We had a very wonderful, uneventful week, just the usual.

Clara is up to no good. ;) She is trying to climb up on everything, and almost there. She is sillier than ever. She is starting to do the opposite of what she usually does. She takes Julia's headbands off, but now is trying to put them on. She is feeding me her food. She is putting her toys on my head now, normally I put them on both of ours. She is figuring out neat things, such as, finding out that a ball can pick up one of her toys via suction. She does it over and over, so happy that it works every time. She loves to be chased. When we say, "I'm gunna getcha'" she goes crazy and "runs" away by crawling at top speeds. Being chased is probably her favorite thing right now. She is dancing up a storm, with or without music. She likes to honk our noses and lips, especially daddy's big lips.

Andre surprised me with roses on the 10th. I stayed for a conference on Thursday afternoon, the only day I can stay since Andre is home with Clara. By the time I got home he had our favorite "night in" dinner, Outback specials all ready for an early dinner. He knows I'm ready for dinner at 4pm and he had volleyball Thursday night so eating earlier is better for us both. I'm sad not going with him weekly, but staying with my princess trumps most everything. Normally I clean the house top to bottom after she goes to bed, and try to get next weeks lesson plans done. I decided she could stay up with mama and play since she had two really good naps. We were going to go for a walk, but we got a storm. I loved my evening with my princess.

At school I dove into the events from 9-11-01 this year more with my class than I have before. Sometimes I avoid sensitive topics not knowing how much parents want their kids to know, I never want to stop on toes and expose them to such horrific events. I feel like it takes a piece of their innocence knowing such terrible things in our world exist. Since they are in 5th grade now, and I know their families well, I took advantage and really enjoyed a day of history. I even told them a little about my history and that 18 years ago my mom died. It's hard to believe I was just two years older than most of them when I lost her. These kids are like my own and I can tell they appreciate learning about me, it's the first time I've told a class and opened up some, I don't talk long since I don't want to get emotional. It's amazing how my boys are so sweet, loving, protective and react even more than my girls, who too are angels.  I think I know why mothers have a different attachment to their boys, I never got that until this year, they melt my heart.

Miss you mom! This picture also makes me miss Christmas. She spoiled us rotten. I say she because I'm pretty sure she had to spend her hard earned money on about every gift. Not only did my dad not know how much things cost, he wouldn't hear of it. I know she must have snuck it all and hid it from my dad. Tiger is a big scrooge, hating Christmas even though it was his girls favorite and still is. He'd come down from bed when we were wrapping it up, I think the only day he stayed in bed late all year. He'd reluctantly open his pile of presents, trying to put a smile on his face. He had to stay upstairs a while since we opened one present at a time giving each other our undivided attention I remember the presents stacked SO high, she really spoiled us!! We wouldn't be done opening presents until 11am, it would take hours. My mom wrapped our presents with the ribbon that's really hard to get off to make it last, not that she had to since we had so many to open. Our favorite hours of the entire year. Ana and I would have a fashion show and play until Brandi and Jonny showed.  Barb, Rick, Kirk, Kayla, and back in the day Gramp and Dode would be there. Ana and I would be up way too early and have to wait until 6 or 7ish to go down and then we were only allowed to get into stockings. We'd have our "Christmas morning eggs", raisin toast, and Barb's cookies. That evening the Zims, grandma, all the great aunt and uncles would be there for a big meal in the dining room. Ana, Jonny, Brandi and I would be making home videos all night. Great Aunt Nina would accuse us of stealing her nose clippers. Yikes, who would want those. Mom would happen to "forget" one last present later that night. I would go back and do it all over again if I could. I loved my childhood. Plus, my dad made up for his ways, and then some, in the later years! ;)


Tiffy took this last week! Sweet girls. Clara's ends match Julia's hair color. Maybe Julia will turn blond too.

Dada's new picture spot in the morning. He sends me these and they start my day off right, especially when I can't see her before I go.


 So silly!

Making messes at Aunt Tiffy's house.

Laughing and playing at Tiffy's house.

"Okay dada, I'll feed myself to help you get me ready."


Merris my love sending me a collage of pics to brighten my day. :) Thank you my love.

Happy Birthday Uncle Kirk! I got this off of Sesha's facebook page.


 


She snuggled with Aunt Tiffy for an ounce.

Then climbed a bit more.



Then she just comes back for more on the go.


For those of you that wonder, yes, we pull her back from the TV, no, it doesn't work.
 All wore out from playing with Tyler, Ivy and Julia.

Julia & Ivy June Bug

 Tyler and his girls.

Come home dada!!!
 
Dancing with Ellen
 

1 comment:

  1. Clara is so precious. V dances right in front of the tv too and tries to climb up it. I always think of you on 9/11. Glad we were able to be with each other on our first year away from home. xo

    ReplyDelete