Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week 50 - Family Photos

This past week Aunt Tiffy came over to take a few pictures for us. We haven't had any real photos taken of the three of us since you were born. Your dada and I looked too tired in those. We've had some selfies and a few quick shots of the three of us but we needed something slightly more formal. Tyler had us all laughing, he is great prop for Tiffy! Thank you for taking time out of your hectic life to take pictures for us!

Clara, you are something!! You're standing on your own all the time, but you drop to your knees to move. You've been doing a "knee shuffle" instead of crawling or walking. It'll be soon! You're able to stack your toys on the wooden dowels now! Before you only destroyed things, now you're building! You haven't said anything new but you're talking up a storm. You know that a comb is for your hair now. When I hand you one to distract you while I put your hair in a pony, you start to comb your own hair. You put tissues to your face and make noises with your mouth. You're learning new things everyday, it's so fun to watch! One week from today you'll be 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck?! Where did a year go?

This week we found out we needed to get a new babysitter for the days you're usually with Elisabeth. Mommy was very sad to think about you being with anyone new, we love and trust Elisabeth so much. I had one of my student's grandmas in my room helping me prepare my students for a field trip this week and she overheard me asking dada to leave work and get you. She told her daughter the pickle I'm now in, trying to find someone new on short notice. She told her daughter, which is obviously the parent of a boy in my class. This parent has four kids, two twin 18 month olds. Needless to say, she has help and is active on care.com and gave me some great resources. Taylor, a college student, is going to watch you Tuesdays and Thursdays at home. I also had another friend from work, who is due to have a baby boy in December, tell me her parents would help. We met them too, they were great. However, we'd have to drag all your things to their place twice a week. So we went with Taylor for convenience. She is also an older sibling of two much younger brothers and has much experience babysitting and as a nanny.

Uncle Peyton came by today to see you since he and the fam won't be able to make it to your birthday party. You opened your first present! You loved it. You ate your cute card and loved your Target gift card. We're going to let you pick out your own present and send him the picture. Many of your uncles are over tonight, Steven, Darren and Peyton. So I put you to bed in our bedroom so you're farther away from their loud banter and left my phone in the bedroom with you, so I'll have to add those pictures later.

Your dada loves you so much. You light up his life. If ever your dada is down, which is rare as it is, you make him smile!


Last weeks pictures from the patch with Aunt Tiffy, Julia and Tyler.


Tyler, his mommy's side kick. Helping create a barrier to keep the babies in. His second job is to hold Julia. His third job is to deal with Clara grabbing him and poking him. He is such a great boy. It was HOT and Tiffany not only took amazing pictures but did an outfit change!!! Crazy. I'm not sure how she does it!

Such a sweetie. Look at her cuteness.



Sweet cousins.

Clara "honkin" Tyler. I'm sure he'd like to shove her hand away, yet he holds true to his job and hangs on tight to his little sister.

Smash to the face. Tyler smiling through it. Love him.

Kisses to make up for her torture.




Wardrobe change.


Family photo. I'll probably toss in a few more patch pictures, I keep losing internet connection and order is not possible.


 
Mamadada, stop kissin me.


Kisses



 

No comments:

Post a Comment