Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Baby Boy Feger

Yay!!!!! We're pregnant!!!

It has been hard not to post about being pregnant. Mainly because I want to give this pregnancy as much attention as I did the last. However, that's simply not possible. Sorry little guy. 

I found out in August I was pregnant, and had a post all ready to go. Then I miscarried. I also have had too many friends/family with baby struggles/losses recently which makes me very apprehensive about making this pregnancy a reality until we have this healthy little guy in our arms. We are very fortunate, we didn't have to try for too long, but we're 2 for 2 with the success rate so far and that's very nerve racking. We're taking things one day at a time and so very thankful for our blessing. 

I'm almost 19 weeks pregnant at this point. I'm finally done with the nausea, it was bad for 3 months, I can't tell you how happy I am that it's over. It's no fun faking feeling well stuck in front of 22 kids all day. I'm also in a stinky portable that is so stuffy and gross and my nose smells everything in the first trimester. Not to mention I was exhausted, that's even an understatement. I do not have all my energy back yet, I think that could be because I'm chasing around a 1 year old this pregnancy and up in the night still at times, unable to sleep because of my acid reflux. I'm thinking I'll sleep later in life...maybe. I'm just elated to have the nausea gone, that makes life so much better! I'm dealing with the laying down issue, even bending over makes my reflux bad, I'm going to talk to my doctor about this when I go Monday. Right now I'm taking Aloe water per "Dr. Nancy's" request, tums and I recently caved and got some generic liquid reflux medicine to help. I have to stop eating early as I did last time, and now I really need to watch the sugar intake, even fruits can be a bad idea depending on the time of day. I've spent a few night sitting up the majority of the night and the burping has started...I just remind myself I'm not nauseous. Maybe another baby with a lot of hair? We'll see!

I can't turn this one either. Here is the little bugger at 8 weeks. Everything checked out good at that appointment.

Our Christmas card with the bun in the oven. I'm 4 months here. Clara was just getting over an illness, not the best picture by any means. However, we're all looking so it'll have to do, we almost didn't get them on time!

Again, can't turn the picture. I'll need to figure that out. The arrow is pointing at the boy part!! During our appointment we decided not to find out the sex there. We did last time and it was hard to really have our true reaction with a stranger right there while we're all sitting in the dark. So asked her to write it down for us. We could barely wait until we got home. This was Dec 31st. We were going to have the Crews and Fegers over for the big reveal that night. Darren wanted us to get pink and blue fireworks and have one of them reveal with a firework. Steven had to leave town, as did Corrie, so we opened it as soon as we got home. Lisa came to watch Clara while we went to our appointment since she was still fighting the fever and sleeping. I heard the ultrasound tech say "he's all over the place" during the appointment, thankfully, Andre heard her say, "she" at one point. I was pretty sure I was right. Andre opened it and all three of us lit up! Andre is thrilled for a boy! My first thought was, okay, we'll need to have a 3rd since Clara needs a sister. Hhahah, never in a million years would I have thought that's what I would think. I just love having sisters, there is no other bond. However, I do know I have many "sisters" and I don't think I could be nauseous for 3 months with TWO babies, so I'm focusing on how thankful I am to experience both a son and daughter. We couldn't be more thrilled for a little boy. Andre had been thinking of names, I've now just started. We have no idea. we have some time! We can't wait to meet you sweet boy!!!

Lisa brought us dinner, sparkling grape juice, champagne for Andre, and dessert...spoils us ROTTEN! Needless to say, we couldn't have rung in the year in a more special way. Clara is even trying to steal a sip, thankfully it was mommy's cup! 


It's a boy!

The tech said everything looked great. I go over the results with my doctor on Monday. The level 2 ultrasound is very telling, they look at every organ and then some. I'm anxious for results. 

During the appointment the tech asked if I could feel the baby move. I knew I had been for a couple weeks now. He is very active. I couldn't tell when she was moving her "thing" all over my belly, she was pushing kind of hard and I had to pee too, so it was hard to tell. Finally she kept it still, and I was watching the screen. It's so neat to feel him and see him move all at the same time. Technology is crazy. It's one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. 

I have a 3 month picture I need to find and add...



No comments:

Post a Comment