Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Monday, December 21, 2015

Ho Ho Ho

Going to see Santa was a big bust. Clara was so excited, but very clear from the beginning she would not sit on his lap. It is a strange thing for kids, to sit on the lap of a stranger who is dressed up so...but usually when you tell little children they can tell him what they want for Christmas they buy into the idea. Not Clara. I even bribed her (which I never do - only for pictures) to sit on his lap and smile. She wanted to ride the helicopter in the mall so bad, not bad enough to sit and smile. Not for a candy cane, no chance, at all. So, we had three printed and since we didn't think in advance to get a nice picture taken (well, I did, but Andre refused to the day that worked for everyone to do pictures, anyway, that's separate issue) so we decided that this would be a funny holiday card. The best one, that she was very upset in, Everett was looking at her while eating Santa's cuff giving her the, "What's your problem sissy?!" look, wasn't included on the thirty dollar dvd we purchased. needless to say, BIG mistake. THEN, I finally realized I had taken some with my phone I could use, duh, should have bought the cheapest package instead of the DVD and just used the pictures we took. THEN, we went to order some on Shutterfly but they were too expensive so we used CVS. THEN, they looked cheap and horrible so they're sitting on our counter and I refuse to send them. I was so sad about it. Thankfully, Tiffany took pictures for us on Thanksgiving at the park (yes, the day Andre refused to shower, dress like a human and smile with his family). So I text her and asked her for any of the kids that may have turned out. Needless to say, we'll have a "Happy New Year!" card coming and if CVS doesn't take back the horrid xmas cards since I threw away the receipt we'll send them too. Oh boy. Next year in October we're going to get our shit together.





















Everett was agreeable, as always. Sissy, take notes. 





He got bit by a mosquito the day before, of course. 








No comments:

Post a Comment