Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Finally, I'm not the only one...

http://www.scarymommy.com/lying-down-with-your-kids-until-they-fall-asleep-is-not-bad-habit/

This link will take you to Andre's and my exact thoughts. It's an article about why catering to your child's needs at night should be accepted and the many reasons why. After cuddling with Clara at night, we always talk about how bad we feel leaving her since she always wants us to stay. I hold Everett as long as I can knowing he's outgrowing me fast. I want to hang onto my babies for always and this article made me feel right about that. It's really hard to explain to your three year old that you have to get out of bed to go sleep with daddy...two adults get to sleep together but a little nugget has to be all alone?!?!? How does that make sense? She is her most real, her most vulnerable, her most genuine when we snuggle. She talks so much and is ultra focused on the conversation. She is the most inquisitive and it's the best quality time and conversation possible. So, we'll stay longer, all night if we must. I'll get up and rock my bubby whenever he needs me and let the guilt go, and just enjoy his snugly little body while it's still little.

No comments:

Post a Comment