Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The bubs steps alone


I'll start with the fact that this little man has the cutest little butt ever.

He is working hard to walk theses days and yesterday (12-12-17 - yes, 12 is my fav number so that's why;) he decided to stand up outside his walker but leaning against it to stand, then he took three steps to me. Has it happened again? No. However, I clearly know he can, which I knew but no he proved it. It's all in his head, he isn't confident. We're going to PT two times a week and trying to squeeze in three but the time just isn't there. His legs are taped which is special tape, I can't spell the name of it, but it helps him not in-toe when he walks and helps bring awareness to his body. He has both his tummy and his legs taped now. It doesn't hurt but it's a strange feeling I cannot describe. I asked to wear it before they put it on him and just takes some time getting used to. She didn't tape my legs of course, but she put it on my back, just a small piece and it's almost a strange sensation and the sensation stays for a while after you take it off and he wears it for days. We avoid bathing so it stays better but the longer it's on the more stuck it gets. He has a scar on his belly from when he ripped it off after it started to peal, it was an accident of course but now I keep a closer eye when he is without clothes. It ripped his skin right off. :(

This is a pic from the day after the night he couldn't breathe at the dr. Those buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment