Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 31

First I'd like to thank my amazing husband for his post. I logged on to this surprise and I will read it and reread and cherish your words (and you) forever. I love you.


Week 31 is hectic, I'm back at work. As sad as I am the summer is over I'm ready for the year to start so October gets here. We're both so excited to meet our little girl.

I got through my first week back fine, it's not as exhausting without kids. This is going to be an overwhelming year. I'm teaching a new grade level with new standards and all new materials. The good news is, so is everyone else (not a new grade level) but they're not taking off three months. I'm hoping I have enough time to figure it out well enough to plan effectively while I'm gone. I'm hoping to work up until delivery and go back in January.

I'm back to the grind of working all day then sitting behind my computer planning and creating until it's time for bed. I'm hoping to minimize that this coming week so I can put a little exercise back into my routine. Andre has been maintaining our lawn and chores without me. My circulation is not as happy with my recent activity. I'm either sitting all day in training and preparing or I've been on my feet getting my classroom ready. I've had to put my feet up for the first time when I get home, my feet have started to swell when there is too much sitting or too much standing and not a combination of the two. I think next week will be a better mix of the two.

I went to the doctor on Wednesday and my gestational diabetes test was fine. I need to get a whooping cough/tetanus shot at one of my next few appointments, I've been avoiding that, I know it's a doozie. I'm measuring right on track and her heart sounds good. I could tell she was angled in my belly but I didn't know which end was up or down. The nurse felt my belly and had no trouble telling. Her butt is under my right rib, I've been sore there and she says it's from her kicking me all the time in the same spot and it has bruised. She doesn't have much fat on her piggies so her bony feet hit the spot!! The nurse pushed on her butt which makes her entire body shift, it's so funny to feel. She kicked and squirmed right back which she said was great she's responding to stimuli. I'm pretty sure I'd kick back if you were slamming my head into mom's hip in an already cramped space! Her head is across my belly on the lower left. She about the same length ranging from 17-18 inches and around 3.2 - 3.5 lbs. She is still constantly on the move, misshaping my belly and entertaining me all day. She says it's common for babies to be on the move at night like she is and that it's her way of letting me know she's there since she doesn't have my attention all day. I'm not sleeping well as of late. Trying to get comfortable sitting up because of acid reflux, having her dancing for over an hour and my new endless to do list on my mind has prevented me from catching my Z's. I'm also hot and Andre is cold so we're trying to find a middle ground we're both comfortable in. The baby room is as done as it's going to be until we get the rest of the items we need. I'll take pictures this week and post where we are at this point. We're both loving it so far and looking forward to finishing it. I have my baby shower this coming Saturday, very excited! We'll get any missing essentials after that and I'll be more at ease knowing we're "ready." 

I best get to bed and allow her to start tiring herself out, it's a school night! eek.




1 comment:

  1. Our peanut is in the same position and doing the same things, lil buggers. You look great and I love the nursery! Classic. Loves yous!

    ReplyDelete