Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Week 28 - FINAL TRIMESTER!!!

We missed week 27, been busy and somehow it just flew by! Lots of new changes. I'm now in the last trimester which is crazy. In the moment it feels decently slow and looking back it seems like it has flown by! Our darling "Denizabeth" got her first bout of hick ups. I was laying in bed and felt her consistent little bumps. I woke Andre so he could feel them through my belly, it's not tough to feel her these days. I don't think she liked having them, she was moving all over the place until they were done. However that's typical of her when I lay down for bed. Hopefully not a sign of our future.

She is now in "fetal position" or so the app says. She's about 15 - 17 inches long and weighs anywhere from 2.5-3 lbs. This will double or triple over the next three months. I'm hoping double!! She has more taste buds now than she will at birth! I made some spicy lentil soup and have been eating a variety of flavors and foods in hopes she will take a liking to them and enjoy a plethora of cuisines someday. "They" say it helps if I do that now and during breastfeeding. Maybe she won't be like me and only eat grilled cheese until she's 7. I must say I enjoy almost ALL foods now but I'd like to see her enjoy them before her teen years/20's like me. I can't say her daddy likes more than me so her odds are better being in my belly!!

She is on the go constantly. She has found a few positions that are uncomfortable but I can usually rub her away from my ribs or roll over to get her to move if it's while I'm in bed. She is said to be getting REM sleep now and dreaming herself. I can tell I wake her up when I roll over. If it's am hours I try hard not to move because if I wake her up it's likely I won't be able to go back to sleep with her movements. I'm still very content laying in bed feeling her and holding my belly when I can't sleep, I feel very fortunate and lay and hope she's a happy, healthy baby. She manages to squirm and roll at times but normally she is just pushing and prodding. She feels very strong and can sometimes make me cringe for a minute or so. I can't tell which end is up but one end is in my lower left abdomen and the other is under my right rib. I found if I talk to her or rub my belly when she's quiet I get her to respond no problem. She can really distort my belly with her movements and it's funny to watch. Her most active time is in the morning when I'm trying to get a few more z's and when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. I think she has me in training for our future together, keeping me up when I feel it's time to sleep. I'm up about 4 times throughout the night to pee which is expected since she's on my bladder. I have some usual aches and pains I'd guess. My feet hurt after I've been off them sleeping or sitting too long, once I'm moving about long enough I'm okay. My hips hurt some, mostly in bed and when I get up. I think it's because I'm not a side sleeper and it's a lot of weight on one side of my body. Switching sides helps. Nothing too extreme thus far. Acid reflux issues, but I'm used to those. If I behave by eating early enough with no acidic foods or sugar I'm able to lay down without any issues...for the most part. When I'm inactive my body is stiff fast and I find if I'm too active it does help to sit down and take a break which I'm not used to. I think I'm doing well but I don't have much to compare it to. I don't know how it will be when I have to go back to work soon. I don't think I'll have energy for the gym anymore!



Andre and I had her carpet cleaned last week and this week he pulled it up and sealed the floor underneath. We've had a slight problem with our floors absorbing moisture and her floor was the last one to fix. We had the carpet put back down as it was in great condition and very good quality. Andre then painted the top half a very light pink hue and I painted the chair rail. We got the walls done and the chair rails up and moved the furniture in. It's starting to look like a baby girls room now!!

Carpet out



Sealed and painted

Chair rail and carpet in.

No comments:

Post a Comment