Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Monday, September 2, 2013

Baby Feger's Room

Andre and I have been chipping away at her room for months now. He has done the hard work and I tend to get the fun jobs with fewer hours involved. We both love the outcome! Thanks to everyone who helped us buy the items for her room, we couldn't have done it without you!

Here is what it took in no particular order:
-had the carpet cleaned
-pulled it up and sealed the floor since we had a moisture issue
-new padding down and carpet put back
-painted base boards
-painted closet doors
-bought chair rail, painted, cut and put up
-tried to match bottom paint to cover marks and couldn't match it close enough so we repainted
-painted top half light pink
-hung chandelier, rods for curtains and valances
-hung curtains and valances
-put together crib
-found rocker and changer on Craig's list
-steamed and scrubbed rocker
-made shelf for inside of changer and fixed the drawer
-bought and hung a few things for the walls and rehung the iron candle thing we already had
-recovered seat that goes with vanity
-dusted/cleaned top to bottom
-made her bed
-washed some of her clothes, blankets, etc - SO CUTE - everything is so little
-put her belongings away - SO FUN

Still need to:
-replace mirror that's cracked on vanity
-put some dw40 on the rocker
-have the baby ;)

I know I left things off. Making that list made me realize just how much Andre did, most all of it. He is a perfectionist which I love because I can trust he will always do a good job. I can't believe he wanted a boy first, he has so much fun with her room and wants everything to be even more than perfect for her, down to the tiniest details. I can tell he is going to be such a good daddy, already only wanting the best for his baby girl. Thank you for all your hard work Andre, she will love it!

I had so much fun washing her blankets, sheets, clothes, etc. I only did 0-3 months, and not everything just in case we don't need some of the "extras". Having her room complete makes all this seem more real. I'm at ease knowing if she happens to come early we're ready with her "things," I don't know that we'll ever be truly ready as parents but I'd say we're anxious to give it our best shot! We can't wait to meet you little girl! We love you and hope you like your room!

Sorry the lighting is not good, windows open too bright, windows closed, too dim, you'll get the idea though.

Her clothes are so cute & little!

 
Shalimar likes to be in everything already!! She best be as nice to her as she is to all her things!


 
Standing by her changer looking into the jack n' jill bath and guest room. Her toy chest is already full of stuffed animals and neat toys!


Walking into her room.

Better lighting...the butterfly garden is out this big window, there are always butterflies outside her room!



The clothes kill me! So cute and mini, I love small things so much I don't think I'll let her grow!


 
View from her door. 



Andre's pictures:

He took a panaramic view to capture most of the room. He knows how to do these fancy things with his phone!


 
 



We debated on what type of room we wanted for a while before we started. Andre wanted a Princess theme at first, I talked him out of that. We only have so many years before we're wrapped in that forever. I may have gone with owls but he hated that. Andre then wanted all white, that scared me, white doesn't usually stay white with kids and you have to do it just perfect so it doesn't make you feel you're going mental. We decided no theme per say, we finally agreed we both liked this picture below that I've posted in the past. Not quite as perfect as this picture but we're happy with our results.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment