Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Friday, October 4, 2013

36 Weeks

36 Weeks - AKA 9 months people! As far as I understood I was supposed to have my baby by 9 months. LIARS! Someone started a lie that pregnancy is a 9 month process when in fact it's a full 10. This is not a nice thing to do.

I'm big and getting bigger. I'm retaining water and my joints are feeling the pain. Our little one has hiccups a few times a day. She doesn't have the room to fight them anymore. The doctor said from her practice "breaths" she gets them more frequent. Her movements are slower and sometimes painful for a moment until I get her to move. I can tell for the last few weeks she sleeps much deeper and sleeps for longer periods of time. I roll over all night and she may make a movement or two but goes right back to sleep. She stretches and makes my belly look oblong and funky. When she doesn't hold still I have Andre put his hand on my belly because she always stops moving when he is touching me, he must have the magic touch. The doctor said I'm measuring slightly ahead and am 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. From what I understand this doesn't mean much of anything, I can easily go the full 40 weeks, (or more, PLEASE no!) even with progression. I'm hoping it means that my body will take the necessary steps in the near future. She could feel her head and said she was in position which is good news. I go to the doctor weekly now.

Andre and I are so excited to be this far. We're ready to have her in our arms. Until then, we'll enjoy any sleep we can get!



No comments:

Post a Comment