Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year's Eve/Day

Luiz and Jamie came into town to celebrate with us. It was also Jamie's birthday so there was plenty to celebrate! I was so thankful that Lisa and Ed offered to babysit so I didn't have to worry about leaving Clara. It was my first time leaving her for that period of time and to go "have fun" which kind of makes me feel guilty. I would have been very happy ringing in the New Year with her at home quietly. However it was time for me to get away for a bit and I would never want to pass up a night with the Crews, Rogers, Fegers and of course Luiz and Jamie. We went to Ceviche for dinner, one of our favorites. It was delicious as was the chocolate cake Steven and Tiffany got for Jamie. We bar hopped for a bit after that and ended up at Wilsons of course. What night shouldn't end with Wilsons?! Jamie and I had to be torn out as everyone but us were ready to go, we had just gotten started with our karaoke run. We then came back to our place to burn our Christmas trees, a tradition we started last year. If you've never seen a Christmas tree burn up, you're missing something!

New Year's Day everyone went to lunch at El Cap for a burger, then to a movie. I stayed home with Clara. From our issues with eating/feeding I didn't think it would be wise to push it. It was also cold and raining. Our little darling went 8 hours while her babysitters were here, WHAT THE HECK? I was being punished for leaving I guess. Lisa didn't get to play with her at all! I'm glad they had an easy night but then she was up for me starting at 3 am on so mommy didn't get too much sleep so staying home on the couch with her was fine by me on the first day of 2014.

The Cotilla Family got her the cutest bathing suit and sun glasses for this summer from a neat boutique I've never heard of. I can't wait to see her in it. Susie also sent her an I Love NY onesie and a cute giraffe ornament. Bonnie who I work with got her a snow globe, she loves listening to it already. Jamie and Luiz got her three adorable outfits from baby Gap that are too cute. They also spoiled us as usual, I got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, I love them. Flowers just brighten my day, I love having them in the house, they smell great too!

Clara and I testing out our head wear.


I love her outfit, I'm not putting on my shirt until I'm ready to walk out the door, this little lady will dirty it!

Handsome daddy!

She will not hold still enough to get a clear shot. Always moving.

Lisa already making her smile and talk!

 
Corrie took over trying to get Clara to sleep. She was tired and fussy but didn't want to miss a thing and didn't. 






Ed making Clara giggle. Best baby sitters ever!

Ceviche



Darren stole Corrie's head gear, I think she wore it better.




Steven and I almost reached and tied all the balloons in this bar to him.

Practicing...




The crew...missing the Rogers.

After hours. Yes, this is a Christmas tree on fire a ritual we started last year.



New Years Day, Clara slept a lot, thanks little darling! I took this picture for Daddy as he was out to lunch and a movie with the crew while we stayed home to get a little rest. I love her milky white skin.

Daddy made sure to get his snuggles in when he got home.


Clara was swaddled and cozy like she enjoys most while watching cartoons with daddy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment