Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, April 19, 2014

6 Month Birthday

Our darling little Clara Maria. You are the light of mommy and daddy's life. You are our world! Our life feels complete with you in it. You have grown and changed so much in 6 months it's crazy, and it all went by way too fast!

First, I'll start with the fact that you are the best baby. We can take you anywhere and do anything with you and you don't mind. You are so happy to go and do. You are such a social butterfly. You love to be around others and "talk" to everyone. You let other people hold you. You smile at everyone when they say how pretty you are. You might be apprehensive at first when someone you don't know holds you, looking at mommy for approval, but I start talking to you and soon you're chatting away to whoever's got you. Mommy can take you to the store and run errands for a long time if need be, you are so behaved. Daddy can go to appointments and even do some work at home on Wednesdays with you.

Your Likes:
Your favorite place is your exersaucer, where you stand and play with a variety of colorful toys that sing and light up. The doctor says even though you have strong legs we shouldn't leave you in there for more than 10 minutes at a time so you don't end up bowlegged. You love to hold and grab at anything. We can no longer put things anywhere near you unless it's for you to play with. You take interest in all your toys, liking the bath letters that are soft, you chew on those. You don't put too much else in your mouth other than your fingers. You have yet to cry when I take things away from you when you're not supposed to have something.You love to shower with mommy or daddy rather then bathe in your tub. I think you'll love the tub when you're able to sit up on your own. You love to sit up, you balance on your own for quite some time, but I can't walk away yet. You love to play games with mommy, daddy and others. It's so easy to get you to smile, giggle, and even crack up. You like to be on the go, if you're starting to get cranky at home I think it's because you're bored. We pack it up and go and do something and you're happy again. You like to nap in your swing and sleep on a pillow since you nuzzle your head to fall asleep still. You like your back better than your belly still but you want to sit up and see everything all the time. You whip your head back and forth, it's hard to catch your spit-up since you're all over the place. You never hold still, you love to move, kick, stand and bounce. You love to have conversation and you love looking at the pages when I read you books. You love when daddy "num-num-nums" your toes and belly. You love the "Bubble Guppy" song, it's one from a video of yours, I think you like it because you love to watch our lips when we sing it and it sounds funny. After your shots at the doctor I was singing it to you to make you happy again and the doctor came in, it was quite embarrassing but I didn't care all that much, I kept singing to you anyway. You love watching our lips when we say, "mamama, and daddaa" I think one of the two will be your first word since you're so intrigued by our lips, you watch us so intently, and then smile after. Daddy likes to "smack" your hiney, you think it's funny. He always talks a big game like you're grounded or in trouble for doing silly things you do. I can't wait to see how soft he gets when you call his name. When your arm accidentally hugs his neck I can see him melt. I think you might be a daddy's girl. I am, so I get it. :) You love to give mommy and daddy kisses, with your mouth open, and you stick your tongue to our lips.  I was worried when you were first born when you would cry sometimes, I thought you might be a sad baby. Thankfully you're the exact opposite, you're happy-go-lucky and quite content.

Your dislikes:
You hate laying on your back now, you want to be up and seeing what's going on. You hate being dressed. You anticipate the clothes going over your head and close your eyes tight and yell at us. You don't like to lay back in your bath, or have your hair rinsed, you don't mind it in the shower though. You hate to miss out on anything which in turn means you hate to sleep/nap. You fight sleep so hard, it's the only time you get cranky. Sometimes you don't like when I walk away or put you down but that's rare! I'm having a hard time thinking of things, you're so happy!

Sleep:
What sleep? Just kidding. You go in and out of good nights and bad nights. You're rarely ever up to play. It happened once last week while Aunt Kristin and the fam were visiting. The good news is, you lay and play and chat with yourself, the bad news is Mommy and Daddy can't sleep through your funny screeching and kicking. We leave you in your crib until you start waking up too much, then we bring you in bed so we can all get better sleep. All you usually need is your pacifier to drift back to sleep. Lately you've been crying and needing help getting back to sleep. Once in a while you're hungry in the middle of the night, usually when you don't eat enough during the day, I believe you've had a recent growth spurt. You lay on your back and do not roll onto your belly so we do leave you with a pillow which helps your acid reflux too. You like when we play with your hair but it doesn't necessarily put you to sleep. You rub your eyes a bunch when you get sleepy and it's really the only time you're cranky. If I catch you at just the right time, which I usually can, I lay you down awake and you will sometimes chat a bit to yourself or cry out a time or two and go to sleep. When you wake up you are so happy. Once in a while you'll cry when you wake, usually in the late evening naps only, I'm not sure why. You don't sleep through much. You'll fall asleep in the car but won't sleep in your car seat for more than 5 minutes once you're in the house. You can take hour naps but it's more common to take cat naps. We can't transfer you from one spot to another, you will wake. We're really looking forward to you sleeping through the night though...six months is a long time to not get a full nights rest!

Routine:
You nap a few times a day. Your naps are a variety of lengths, one may never know. You're usually awake between 5 and 7, stay up an hour or so and have a first, short morning nap. You're so happy in the mornings still. You eat, nap, and play all throughout the day. You're bedtime is around 7 - 8. You usually sleep well until 11 - 12, then wake, usually only needing your pacifier. Back to sleep until 3ish, then who knows after that. It could be straight sleep until morning time or up every 30 minutes. Mommy and daddy are really excited for you to start sleeping through the night.

Eating habits:
You eat solids twice a day. I mix fruit with your cereal to get you to eat the fruit, you will eat in alone but not as much. You like your cereal! You like your veggies and we're now starting some meats. You've yet to refuse any food. Sometimes you make faces at what I give but you eat it anyway. You drink 5-6 ounces in your bottle when you only have a bottle. You like sipping water from a straw right now. I plug one end and drop about an inch or so of water in your mouth from the straw. Tiffy says you're a good eater, you open your mouth wide and don't try and grab at the spoon. Things I wouldn't have even thought of. You're such a great baby! Sometimes you'll want to eat in the night but it's rare.

Temperament:
You're a very silly girl, almost all day everyday. Once in a while you'll get cranky if you're tired, most of the time you show us the signs and we can get you to sleep before it's too late. When you are really angry you "yell." You yelled at the nurse after she gave you shorts, looking at her straight in the face, one yell after another. You yell at mommy sometimes when I change you and you're also tired. It's so funny to me, I don't know where you "learned" this, it must be innate. The only time I've heard a real cry from you is when you get your shots and it only lasts a few second, I think it hurts me more than you. All the other cries you do are fake, and you're a very good faker. I know they're fake because you can stop on a dime and smile. Which you often do. You can be dramatic. 23 hours out of the day you're a happy girl, but when you're mad, you're mad, and you don't have a problem showing it. ;) Sometimes I think you ignore us. We will be talking to you and you don't pay any attention to us, you look away, then when we stop you'll look back at us like, "Hey, I was ignoring you...keep going, I'd like to keep ignoring you," because when we talk after you look at us you look away again. You're so silly.

I can't believe 6 months have gone by, if the next 36 - 6 month periods go this fast you'll be off to college in a blink. That's why I spend every moment I can with you. I don't care that we're kind of co-sleeping as of late. You don't need to, I just do it so we can all get better rest. However, I know before I know it you'll be running away from mommy instead of to her so I want to soak up every moment you want me there. I never thought in a million years I need you so much. I remember when I was pregnant thinking, gosh, am I ready for this? You couldn't be more perfect. Daddy and I can't wait to listen to what you're thinking and answer all your 10,000 questions a day. We're knowing that time will be here soon and living in the moment when it's nice to just talk to you, and enjoy your immobility since you'll be crawling, walking and talking here TOO soon! You are our wold. We wouldn't be whole without you. We love you more than imaginable. When daddy and mommy haven't had enough sleep and get annoyed at each other, you bring us right back together within moments. You are what makes our family perfect. I'm so proud to be your mommy. We love you little Pumpkin Butt!

See the drastic changes! It's all gone too fast!


 Our Little Cutie! So big!  Many are blurry since she doesn't hold still.







 














 
 
 


11:30 pm - packing up at Lisa's and she woke. So we sang Happy Birthday, blew out a candle and had a few fingertips of icing. She wakes up so happy morning, noon, or night. Happy Half little girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment