Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy 1st Easter

Clara, Andre and I were invited to Mimi's today for lunch and to Tiffany's mom's too. I thought about asking dad and Alice if they were cooking, even if not, maybe spending the day with them. Then Andre and I decided we were pooped, and should just take the opportunity to relax at home. One of our favorite things to do that we don't do enough of. It's kind of a gloomy day, the sun has peeked out for moments here and there but not enough.

I was going to take Clara to the sunrise service with the Crews if she was up at her 5am time. She let us sleep until 7!! So we missed the service. We had prime rib with Lisa and family last night. It was SO delicious and hanging out with the kids, Mimi, Dave, and Ed is like hanging out with our family. They're so welcoming and they love to see Clara. I made an orange flavored cake for her half birthday yesterday. We sang happy birthday at 11:30 when we packed her up and she awoke. She ate a few fingers of icing.

We waited to take her 6 month pictures until today, anticipating better weather, some sun and good lighting in the house. She woke up with a rash on her right cheek, I have no clue from where. She also gouged her eye with her nail and has a cut above her right eye, AND somehow cut her lip. Needless to say she is a hot mess, and the sun is still not out so we'll get the pictures ASAP.

I did make Andre do some with me yesterday. Here is what we got so far, I hope to get some more. She is sitting up so well, and loved playing with the beads.

One of my favorites:







Love this!




ANOTHER fav! Love how she is holding the bunny and reaching for an egg.


Check out her bunny slips! One of my friends, Bonnie from work couldn't resist. I'll get a better pic of them!
 
 

Mommy really wanted Clara to sit with the Easter Bunny. I wanted to see her reaction So bad! The line was ridiculous and we were going to be way late for Lisa's, which she would understand but Andre was about to blow. Dang! Sorry Clara!


Dave and Mimi with Clara

Gabs and Britt, sweet sisters. Makes me miss mine, meaning all of them, not just the blood related ones!
 
I feel bad we didn't begin any tradition. I guess I'll take advantage of these years where we don't have to hide eggs, make a big meal, stuff baskets, put on our dresses, etc. I am very excited for that, Lisa still has an Easter Egg Hunt with the "kids" who range from 17 - 26. I love that. Andre and I can't wait until next year when Clara will be walking and searching for the eggs and Easter bunny! This year frozen pizza and movies sounds perfect! He even promised to go get Easter decorations on sale after the holiday so I can start decorating the house. :))))
 
This video was cut too short, Clara started breaking wind at the end and Daddy and I were cracking up, I thought he was still recording, dang!
 
 
Clara usually is able to sit up much longer than this, but when she loses her balance this is a great example of how it goes. She's such a good girl!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment