Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Monday, April 21, 2014

Today's Firsts

Today I walked away when Clara was sitting up. I've been by her side while sitting for about a  week now. This past week she has shown great strength and stability. I'm nervous to leave her but she is so happy sitting. Today I just made sure there was nothing in her way when she fell and left her for a few short minutes while I grabbed laundry and put a few things away. She was still sitting and chatting away when I got back. When she falls over she shoots me a look as if she is wondering how to react. As bad as I want to reach and grab her quick when I see her go, I don't want to startle her or make her more nervous. So I let her fall and then giggle when she falls with an, "Oops," and then sit her back up. She has now gotten to the point where she just keeps playing after she falls, usually without any look of concern.

I also had to tell her, "No" today. She started blowing raspberries at the end of dinner. Which means carrots spraying everywhere. She looked at me like, "What did I do?" I didn't say it loud, I just reacted and she picked up on the change in my tone of voice. I don't think she's heard that tone in her life yet. She didn't do it again. We will see what the future holds. I'm not looking forward to having to say no on a regular basis once she is mobile and into everything. Hopefully we can baby-proof the house well and I can redirect her attention instead of no after no. Andre and I were looking around the living room, we have a lot of work to do before mobility begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment