Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Happy Holidays


Happy Thankgsiving - we decided to have an annual picture here at the cornucopia since we did last year with Kristin when Clara was only a few weeks old. She was not enjoying the process much. Maybe next year.

We went to Tiffany's mom's house for dinner. Many of Tiffany's siblings were in town, it was a full house. Full of kids! We couldn't come close to fitting them all on the couch, but we managed to get the babies. It was a delicious meal. They fit us all in so well and we all feel so welcome.

I put up this little tree I usually have in my classroom for Clara. (and me) I love this tree and the ever changing colors. I thought we could hang her advent ornaments from Aunt Linny on this tree, but I'm worried she'll carry them all around and lose them and that would drive me crazy. So, it's just a tree, but she loves it, as much as I do. She is quite gentle, we just have to remind her once in a while but overall she is very good with it. Oh, and don't worry, I have another one in my classroom.


The Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to pick out our Christmas tree. It's so fun now that Clara can walk around and explore on her own. We went in the morning which was great since it was dead. She loved it. It will still never compare to chopping one down in feet of snow. We'll make sure to have that experience someday. Thankfully it was a cool morning so we could dress wintery.


She loved picking piles of needles off the ground. Thankfully, for the most part, she's over putting things in her mouth.



Daddy finally found the perfect tree. He was so excited he forgot little Clara was under foot, took a step back into her and she went flying into a pool of muck and needles. She cried, hard, but was just startled, and dirty. All in all, it was a Christmas tree picking out success.

No comments:

Post a Comment