Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Grandma Lang's 101st Birthday

My Grandma Lang is one of the most amazing women I've ever known. She was born in 1912 and I cannot even imagine what she's seen and experienced over the years. She is still able to live by herself however many of my family members do an amazing job taking care of her and visiting with her on a regular basis. She is one tough cookie and can be as stubborn as they come, she is loving and caring and only wants the best for others especially her family, she has a great sense of humor and never fails to put a smile on everyone's face. Our entire town knows and loves her. She likes to enjoy a few drinks with her family and refuses water as it "rusts her stomach." When we go home everyone's favorite place to be is sitting around Grandma's kitchen table catching up and telling old stories. I hope I can give her a healthy granddaughter (her first grandbaby) and she stays strong and healthy to watch her grow with us for many more years! Happy Birthday Grammy, we're so glad we were able to spend it with you! My dad took us all out for a prime rib dinner at our favorite local restaurant, Moonwinks.


Probably how Grandma Lang remembers Moonwinks back in the day.

 
One of Grandma's favorite hobbies still today is maintaining her lawn so it's a ritual for her to have her picture on her lawn mower.
 

 
Tiger and Andre, his "brother...in-law" good one dad.
 

 
Linny, Nick, Andre, Rick and Zimmer
 

 
Sweet Becka brought Grammy some flowers for her big day.
 

 
My handsome husband.
 

 
Zummy Bear, Pinny and I
 

 
Kylie, Kristopher, Mark, Kristin & Gramp


 
Linda & Zim
 

 
Tiger, Gram, Jonny
 

Tiger & Alice


 
Dad, Gram, Jonny, Betsy, & Barb
 

 
 Barb & Rick


 
Nick & Brandi
 

 

 

 
Kylie helping Cheeks make the delicious Cesar salad Moonwinks style. I'll have to wait until next time I'm home because of the raw egg.
 

 
Brandace enjoying her meal.
 

 




Happy Birthday Grammy, we love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment