Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 24 - NY Baby Shower

I was home in Cuba during week 24. It was so nice being home visiting my family as always, this time it was a very sober visit so I was happily the DD for all the fun events going on. Ana took this picture of me at Gramps house.

 
We took this picture with Gramp right after.
 


 
We were on our way to my baby shower after visitng with Gramp. My sister Kristin threw me a shower. It was perfect. I am so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends. Kate had just left town and Susie wasn't getting in until Monday however it was still a wonderful turnout and you wouldn't believe the adorable outfits and thoughtful ideas they all came up with. Andre and I are both extremely appreciative of everything, thank you all so much!
 
Here are a few photos of her house decorated so creativly:
 




The cutest diaper cake. These take forever to make and it was perfectly constructed for me to bring home of course!


A few candids of the guests:

Leslie & Barb catching up.


Marie and Sharon enjoying some of the delicious food!


Mary, Barb and Kathy


Sarah, Sarah and Ana


Kylie, Linny, Grammy, and me


 
Opening gifts, my least favorite part. I feel so uncomfortable when people spend money on me. We are so greatful though because babies need A LOT! Jane made our future daughter a beatiful quilt. She made Andre and I one for our wedding. I don't know how she finds the time, she is very talented.
 






My nephew Kristopher and niece Kylie. Kylie was a big help with the shower I'm sure. She is as creative as her mom. Kristopher took some pictures for us and ran out to get more ice.
 


Sisters!



 
This was my potty when I was little. I'm sure all my siblings. Kristin used it with Kylie and Kristopher and saved it for about 15 years for me. How amazing! They don't make them like this anymore, and yes, it folds up nice and small so we can train on road trips if need be.  
 


Julie, Susie, Sarah, and Jo-Jo all got me an endless box of goodies for her. I don't think Julie can help herself. They were my neighbors growing up and after my mom passed away Julie basically decided to include me as another daughter, like three wasn't enough. When I left for Florida for my first teaching job she had a kitchen FULL of everything a first year teacher would need for me, she has been teaching for 33 years and knows a bit or two about the profession. Thank you Julie for always looking after me! We took this picture to send to Susie since she couldn't make it. Look at those little sandals!


Kristin did such a wonderful job, everyone raved about how perfect it was. Everyone ate, drank and caught up, just what I wanted! Thank you Kristin, you're the best!



The Gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment