Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Keys - baby Feger's first vacation.

Andre and I left Thursday for the Florida Keys!

 
 

 

 



We met the Fegers and Crews down there. They left a day earlier but I had a stinking training, so we missed out on a few fun things:

Visiting Gator Boys/Everglades:

 
 






Feeding the tarpon at Robbie's:





7 mile bridge stop:


Key deer loving Noah


Tiffany's Climb:

I don't know who was in the fun car on the way down but Andre and I were in the quiet car for sure! Thankfully Andre's taken me to the Keys before and I've done all these fun things once which will never be enough, it's the type of trip that will never get old.

We almost caught up with them on Thursday since they didn't drive all the way down Wednesday. If I didn't have to stop and pee as much as the kids we could have caught them.

Andre's "niece" and "nephews" were anxious to see him and dragged him all over Mallory Square. We are not related to the Crews of course, but at heart we are and will always be honored to be Uncle Andre and Aunt Barbie.


Andre loves to make me do the pictures the kids do, maybe since mine is in my belly? Nope, he's always made me. At least I have a beach body for a moment on this trip!


Friday morning we rented jet skies and took a tour. We did this tour last time and it was just as good, you can never see and hear everything one time around. Andre took Dylan and I took our baby! ;) It was pretty rough in the Atlantic side but there were some smooth parts, not quite Cuba Lake!



 "Rick's" Pizza for dinner and Spiderman showed up!


Mallory Sqare Sunset





Saturday morning Andre, Steven, Darren, Corrie and kids went snorkling. I was too nervous about being motion sick, wasn't two months of morning sickness that lasted all day enough? I stayed back, hung out on the beach with Tyler at the Feger's awesome hotel while Tiffany went for a run. Then when they got back Andre was pooped, or too full of free beer and a Mexican lunch so he napped while the others went to the butterfly museum and I decided to lay in a hammock, drink a coffee, read my kindle (thanks Ana!) and be served by the cabana boys at the Fegers hotel, yes, my high for the trip!






The kids are amazing swimmers, it was a nice calm day and I would have been just fine going. It looks like I missed some neat sights! However my day went well too. Tyler and I played in the sand for quite a while, he is such a good boy, so easy to please.


After a delicious Mexican lunch I found the same hammock, kicked my feet kicked up and yes..I was just served a popsicle!


My view!




Spectacular few hours. It's amazing I have this at my fingertips where I live yet I never do it. I guess that's what vacation is for.  Andre and I had a great time. It was a different trip, we're used to being able to go out, drink, and spend a night(s) on the town. It was nice to spend time with our family, Andre was able to help out on the trips with the kids since Tiffany needed to stay back with Tyler. Since I cannot drink it's not much fun for Andre. We were too tired by 10pm anyway. It was a good eye opener of what's ahead with family in mind. Tiffany said I should be taking a "babymoon" which is a last relaxing trip before our little girl arrives and this wasn't quite that with 5 kids. However, I wouldn't have had it any other way. They're all amazing parents and teach Andre and I great skills for our future without even knowing it. They each have three kids each and they're a spectacular bunch.  I have my summer, trip home and Chicago for my babymoon time. This was a perfect long weekend trip and we look very forward to our little peanut being out with us next time! We celebrated Andre's first future Father's Day with his favorite, key lime pie!!

Father's Day, Sunday morning before we left :( worst part of any vacation, we stopped to take a few photos at the Southern most point.

 



It's 8am, don't judge those that aren't awake or who may have crust in their eyes, it's been a long few days! We decided to get in early before the rush of people and beat the heat!






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment