Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Trip to NY 2013

Andre and I went to NY for a few days to visit family and friends. It was Grandma Lang's 101st birthday on July 3rd. Here are a few highlights from our trip.

We stayed with Brandi and Nick. They've finished their basement and it's brilliant for company! Two bedrooms, a living room and a bathroom, like you're staying at a 5* hotel. It's nice and cool in the summer, which is rare for a home in western NY.


I led the ladies in my morning pilates routine, one of the few favorite exercises I am still able to do. As you can see, Brandace didn't enjoy it all that much, silly girl pretending to sleep.


We got our nails did then went to "the beef" or "The Beef and Barrel" for lunch. It has the best beef on weck and baked french onion soup...delicious!


Our friend Nancy Mountain was turning 70 on the 29th and her family threw her a black tie event! It was so nice seeing everyone and the party was so nicely done. She shares a birthday with my mom and of course toasted to her as well on her big day! We love you Nance!

Some photos from her party:



Ana and I on Brandi & Nick's porch.


Grammy saying hello to her first great grandchild!


 
Gram's porch before the party.  


 
Family shot.
 

 
Jane, John, Rick, Ana, and Brandi "enjoying" an oyster shot, one of the few times I've not been jealous about drinking!!  
 

 
My beautiful aunts I'm named after! Linda on the left, my dad's sister. Barb on the the right my mom's sister = Barbara Lin
 

 
Dr. & Mrs. Porcello, what a beautiful couple.
 

 
Happy Birthday Nancy!

 
Baby Feger's first trip to Cuba!
 
 

 
Boating on Cuba Lake
 
Suz and Ted
 

 
Jo-Jo and Dan


 


 
 
 Shooting at Brandi & Nick's house, I decided to wait until I wasn't pregnant, I felt weird holding a gun with a baby in my belly.


 
Brandi's stance she was taught in her shooting lesson. ;) Sexy and effective!
 


Brandi, Nick, Andre, and I took a hike up behind their house to the meadow, I miss these views living in Florida, especially in the fall.


Nick and Brandi fixed my cavity. I didn't used to be afraid of the dentist and the older I get the worse I get. My dentist let me know I needed a filling but I get so stressed out I didn't want to do it while I was preggers. Nick and Brandi convinced me to let them take care of it, which I know was wise. They work very well together. Nick is an amazing dentist. He knows my weakness' and I don't see or feel a needle. He keeps me calm, works fast and effective. My dentist in FL always compliments his work after he helps me out. The last time he helped me out there was an earthquake but I didn't feel it I was shaking so much in the chair myself. Thanks for taking care of me Dr. Porcello and assistant Brandace!!!!!!


Baby Feger's firsts' consist of: flying her mom's style which means being stuck in LGA for six hours and throwing up the entire second flight, visit "home" to Cuba, kicking her family & friends, taking a boat ride on the lake, eating mommies favorites like Cuba cheese, beef on weck, salt rising toast, french onion soup, real buffalo wings, the hungry people's breakfast at the Kopper Slopper, hiking to the meadow, dentist trip/filling, etc.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment