Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Guest Bedroom & house pictures.

As stated in a previous post, I wanted to add the pictures to show the final touches to our guest bedroom. We moved it to empty the room we wanted for the baby room. This was just a spare open room before that we stored things in, never really served a purpose. It had gross old carpet and it was my least favorite room in the house. Now it's my favorite, it's bright and inviting.


The mini office. It's so nice to be able to sit down, scan, print or copy. I've been wanting an "at home office" for quite some time. I'm loving how easy it is to get things done, I love the feeling of productivity with ease!!



Andre and I picked out some neat, colorful plaques in the Keys, they're perfect for the tropical themed room. He spray painted the base of the lamp purple and I got a $10 shade on clearance at Target. We looked at some really neat shades online but they're too expensive. Our wedding picture adorns the wall here. We both think it should be somewhere out in the house and more visible but we couldn't find a good spot for it.


The view out the window above the bed. Yes I clean my windows, I went around the entire house in early spring, they get dirty so fast from the summer rain. If you know me, they typically look worse when I'm done anyway...I leave STREAKS!!! You get the idea.


 The view from laying in bed. Guests can open the door and jump right in. Our bedroom doors are on the far left and the dining room doors are in the middle behind the fan, for those of you that still need to visit!! Our house was nothing like this when we moved in. It was a yellowish house, it had a big dingy screen around the pool, no plants, no wood deck around the pool, an old fan, dirty white deck around the pool, and no furniture. We've worked very hard in the last two and a half years and my talented mastermind husband makes all this possible, yes, with my assistance of course!


This is the view of the backyard from the guest room bedroom doors. Andre won't be happy I am putting a picture in with leaves in our pool but it's summer and we get thunderstorms and wind daily. They all come from those pesky paper trees you see lining the fence. We want them dead and queen palms or cubans put in. Andre has a few positions on the HOA and is working on it.


 We pulled up the sod over a year ago and Andre wanted Bermuda grass. It's pretty, it's soft, but it's a TON of work. Good thing he has two huge green thumbs and a love for his yard. He spends a lot of time making sure it's kept up. I used to help more, not so much these days. We burned Christmas trees on New Years Eve in the fire pit this year, those things go up in FLAMES! We enjoy cooking out and having family and friends over more than anything. We rarely sit and enjoy our own paradise, we're always trying to keep it up so visitors are great because then we enjoy it too. I have a feeling with our little one on the way we might just slow down and enjoy more, or at least I hope so!

I love our home. Many times I think Andre has lost his mind when he tells me the plans for the next project. Somehow he always makes it happen and I always LOVE it in the end, even if it's 7am-8pm labor all day Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully those days have been behind me for the last few months but I paid my dues for the first four years with him. There is still so much we want to do and we will someday. The baby room is next and I think will be last for a while. I think this will be my favorite project yet! Thanks for all your hard work Andre, I appreciate all you do!

Here are some pics of us in action at home:

Tiger trying his first espresso shot while talking to Grammy. What a multitasker! Love you Dad!


It wasn't the color we had picked out, but we loved it even more! The color we chose was more of a mustard yellow. This is better!


My 30th. Ana, Brandi and Nick came. I can never thank them enough for all the visits they've spoiled me with in the last year or so. I appreciate it and love them so much!!!


I'm so blessed!

 
 
Andre and his best friend. Precious! ;)
 
 
 Painting the pool deck. You'll notice the end result was yellow.
 
 
Ana and Andre flying the kite on the course behind our yard.
 
 
My lovely ladies. We got a lot of use out of the bar the first two years, it's just taking a year off with a few guest visits to keep it in business!!
 
 
The burning of the Christmas trees!  

  
 
Memorial Day BBQ
Andre, his cousin Selene, his aunt Muneca, and niece Gabrielle.
 
 
Ana and Jonny's visit. I made everyone take a stroll around the neighborhood with me, they were good sports!
 
 
I need to blog all of those fun occasions, so that was just a few to show it's not all work, we play too!

No comments:

Post a Comment