Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

week 38 - July 4

The world cup is on and USA was playing this Tuesday so I got Clara dressed up in her USA gear to root them on. While Julia slept we took some pictures.
 

This silly girl makes so many faces.



The best part is when I look at these pictures I can hear all her jibber jabber.


We took turns reading. She listens well when I read books and likes to look at the pages. This book in particular she's not overly fond of. It has animals in there and I make the noises. She almost always gets scared when I make the lion noise. I thought it happened because she was tired one night, but the next time I read it here, she got the look of terror on her face. Then after that she doesn't like any noise, even if it's a tweet. This is probably one of the few things I can think of that scare her. We don't do the lion anymore.


She turns the pages and babbles.


Julia woke, as happy as ever. She is one of the smiliest babies there is. I had her on her two month birthday so I slapped Clara's old sticker on her and had some fun. Tiffany will do something SO much more inventive and out of the box but I knew she had a busy day at work and it probably wouldn't happen when she got home so at least she'll have some of her on the day of her 2nd month.

I love her tight fist.




Clara crawling away while I'm busy. She is still trying out many forms of crawling. I love this stance.





I was feeling for Tiffany today. She has been back to work for a few weeks now. I couldn't imagine having to leave Clara before 2 months. It's just not right. I know she is a very seasoned mother, and working out of the home two days a week must help but I'd still struggle. I'm glad I get to have her and love her while her mommy is away.

It is scary putting Clara anywhere near her so I'm ready to spring into action. I'm so close I didn't even cut my leg out of the picture. I was hoping the book would help distract her so I could get a picture of them both. It did...for 5 seconds. She is ready to play with her cousin, soon enough Clara, soon enough.

Later that week I put these yoga pants from Aunt Kate on her, they crack me up.


We went to Miami for the 4th of July. It was Luiz's 40th birthday and much of his family lives in Miami so we went to celebrate with him. More on that soon. We caravanned down with "the fegers" if you didn't know, that's why we're "the other fegers". Clara was not thrilled with the in and out of the car seat all day. She did such a great job all in all but each time we would take her out at a break to give her a stretch she'd get so excited to get out and look at us like, "Why am I going in this again so soon?!" It took us 6 hours to get to Miami with many poop stops. Almost every kid took a turn, Julia pooped all over Steven at one point. That pic is on Andre's phone and will have to come later since I didn't get those on the computer yet. Lots of fun! Lots of fun... ;)

Steven taking Tyler for his turn!

Isaac is in the front because he threw up within the first hour-ish I think. Tiffany feeding Julia at a pit stop.

Dylan letting me know he's had enough pictures taken of him. The boys had many neat car activities to work on, Tiffany was very prepared.

Clara happy to be out of the car seat and in the hotel room. At one point in the car she was ultra fussy and I couldn't figure out why. It finally occurred to me that the huge bow on the back of her outfit was hurting her back. DUH! Mother of the year, not. So a quick change of outfit and she was happy and asleep. She had many cute outfits to wear so this girl had a wardrobe change quite often today.



 
When we got there we put some of our stuff in the hotel and went to a Brazilian restaurant for the Brazil vs. Colombia game. Neat because The Fegers are Colombian and Luiz's family is from Brazil. The pictures from that are on my phone and I'll get to that later. We then went back to the hotel for maybe an hour, quick change and out the door again for fireworks on Miami beach.
 
Clara being so good stuck in her car seat for the majority of the day.








Clara wouldn't sleep all day. She can't miss a beat. She slept for maybe two hours in the car. Then she was SO tired at the restaurant during the game but it was so loud with fans cheering, screaming there was no chance for that. She handles it so well but doesn't want to sit still and I have nowhere to put her. She does a very good job and is a happy girl, there is no time for relaxing. I look at Jamie and Luiz who are recently engaged and remember how simple life was before Clara, never again will going out to eat be relaxing. The good news is, I like it that way. ;) Just wish this baby could nap. In this picture below it's about 10pm. We were in between South Beach and Ft Lauderdale's shows. They were great displays. Clara loved looking around. Once or twice she got scared from someone setting off a firework close by but I think her reaction was more out of being so dead tired. She fell asleep as we were gathering things to leave, still surrounded by fireworks and loud, bright scenes, she stayed asleep. She had finally had enough. We were all in bed at around 11 latest, it was a great, perfect, long, first 4th. Happy Birthday Luiz! Thanks for letting us bring the chaos.

Jamie & Luiz


Tiffany and I taking pictures of each other. Hehe.

This was before we left for the show but it wasn't uploading normal so it's all out of order, as my pictures usually are. Beautiful family.
 
Brandi got Julia and Clara the cutest Spanish outfits from Old Navy. She was given one for Elsa when I was up there and said I needed to go find it. Sure enough, Brandi has them sent to us  both. We'll need to photoshop Elsa in hers in a picture with these two! This was our view from our room in the Keys. We went to Islamorada on Saturday, about 2 hours S from Miami.



Clara wanting to play and Julia saying, "Please wait til I'm bigger cousin!"

This is Clara's "stiff arm" when she wants to be put down but can't be yet.





Darren had a long day on the water.

Last Thursday's soccer game Steven and Jeff came over to watch.
 
This past Thursday with the Feger Crew we went to Highland Park. It has everything a kid could want. Outdoor park, indoor park, courts, pool, etc. I feel bad that the boys are limited since I have two small girls, but we sure did have fun for about an hour and a half while the ladies cooperated.
 
Pics to update Tiffy at work



We went inside so the boys could pee since the last time I had them go on a tree Tyler was told not to. Oops. Can't people see I don't have time for indoor bathroom breaks? Anyway, we noticed this indoor gym that rocks. I didn't take good pictures of it but will next time we go. They had so much fun. There was a mini gym for Tyler's age but he decided to hang out with his big brothers and did all the "high" big boy stuff. They are such great older brothers and play and watch out for him the entire time. I was kind of freaking out inside because there are parts where they go that I can't see them, and I don't like that, especially with Tyler. So I made to tell Isaac and Dylan to stay in arms reach of him and get me if he sneezed basically. I don't think they needed to be told but I wasn't relaxed until all 5 of us were on our way out and accounted for. I was nervous Tyler would get up high and not want to come down. He did great. These boys are so well behaved, brave and independent.

Julia was asleep in the stroller. Clara needed a nap but was easily distracted with this mat and climb wall. Tiffy had a ball in the bottom of her stroller that came in very handy for us to play with.



Sweet Julia woke up. I fed her, then Clara really needed a nap so we left.

Isaac made a sandwich that had ham, peanut butter, jelly, ketchup, and mustard. He loves his condiments, and ate it.

Thankfully Clara fell asleep in the car. She wouldn't go back to sleep if I transferred her, so I didn't.

We stopped and got a redbox movie to enjoy.

Later the older boys and I worked on puzzles I got form the dollar store, I'm pretty sure they've done them before but as long as I kept working, they did too. I had on Clara's educational videos that are more perfect for Tyler. Julia is sleeping in the swing. I found that Isaac and Dylan still like the shows too, even though they're too big for them as this picture shows.

Clara swinging at the park before we played inside.
 
Isaac the monkey, he went no hands but I missed it.



Random phone pictures from the weekend:

Grammy's 102nd bday. So sad we were so far away. She is the most amazing woman I know! I love you grandma!



Julia pooped on Steven

Elsa in her 4th of July outfit.
  not so fond of her hat.
  Too cute.

Selfie in the car at a stop.

Lunch at the Brazilian restaurant where we watched the soccer game.

Jamie and Luiz. He just recently proposed to her on a trip they were on in Brazil. We can't wait!!

Clara finally asleep at the end of the fireworks, still clutching her glow bracelet.

my sweet baby, such a great traveler

headed out to watch fireworks

at our hotel

The Cotilla's on the 4th

Tiffany relaxig with Julia

Finally crashed. I stayed in and let her nap. I didn't even think, for once I'd be stuck with nothing to do. I should have brought a book. Instead I had a delicious drink on the veranda.

my view...

Jamie and I

Trying to nap the morning we left. If only I could nap too, that would be brilliant.

Clara getting a nice view while we were going 1 mile an hour, I took her out to let her stretch before the long drive.

perfect ominous day to drive. tons of storms the whole way home, loved it.

Clara pooped for the third time so we pulled over by a channel and spotted a gator a few feet from us. Clara loved driving.  ;)

Clara playing with Darren and Corrie.






Jamie and Luiz came to visit during New Years last year for Jamie's bday and the holiday. She watched me swaddle Clara and wanted to be swaddled. We've joked about it since. We call it the sw"adult" and I finally wrapped her up. Next on her bucket list is a skull popper that I explained my family loves.

Back home...love them.
 
She looks so big here.

Silly Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment