Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Thursday, September 17, 2015

MRI - updated with deets

Everett's results are good! The doctor didn't see anything that concerned her. I do have the disk with the pictures. If anyone that reads the blog knows anyone that can read the pictures and tell me anything else, I don't even know what...please let me know. 


Everett was beyond cute, and of course the best behaved little boy there is. I took the cute robe for him to have someday and for Clara to wear until then. They asked if I wanted to go with (silly question) and then tried to hint it wasn't necessary by telling me it would only take 15 minutes and I'd have to undress, robe up and take my jewels out. This mama would not let her little one go it alone, I didn't realize I would be able to touch him during, that was nice although I don't know if he felt my patting on him with all his layers. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him all strapped in and in the tube. The ladies warned me he'd cry the entire time and to prepare myself. I was told my the eye dr that I could get him to sleep. :/ I didn't even ask, I could tell that wasn't part of the procedure. They swaddled him, then basically put him in a straight jacket and strapped him in, put ear plugs in him, then covered his ears with covers with goop, padded around his head so it couldn't budge and raveled tape all over. It was pretty crazy. He let out a "stop" when they were chatting instead of focusing on their job. I don't understand why people don't work fast and efficient when a baby could potentially cry and be sad, I'd be moving so fast (yet safe) if there was a chance a baby could cry. Both kept chatting away, saying how cute he was and such, but he wouldn't be that cute if he was a crying mess. Anyway, my sweet little boy didn't cry the entire time. They have a mirror so we can see each others eyes. One lady said she's never seen such a small baby stare so intent the entire time. He didn't take his eyes off of me, I saw his lip quiver once and begged him to stay strong, so he did. I would have felt so bad if he was throwing a fit stuck so tight in that noisy, scary tube. They told me I could stick my hand in and pat him, I decided if my hand could be in there, my body could be, so I crawled as far in as I could and she had to ask me to back out. Oops. He was perfect, as always.

Everett, 
Mommy is so proud of you. You're so brave for such a little man. You do what has to be done and tolerate things no one would like, you're brave when others would be scared. I'm glad we have a connection that helps me through scary times. ;)
Love,
Mama



1 comment:

  1. So happy everything is well! He is so brave and so is mommy! 💝

    ReplyDelete