Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Another year...OVER


Another school year come and gone. This year (2016-2017) was my first job-share experience with Lisa. It was a success! We have the same philosophy for teaching and parallel discipline plan, so all of that was easy. We were so lucky to have Joanna as our first assistant and Susan as our next assistant (Susan is next to me in the pic) since we taught the STARS, or drop out prevention class. These kids are the low of the low, those that should have been retained in previous years but since the new motto is, "We'll catch them in third grade," no one is held back. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, but that's another blog. 

We had 7 on our team this year and we all meshed well together. We looked out for one another and shared responsibility. I'm going to miss them greatly. Lisa and I are going to job-share next year, but in 5th grade. I'll miss those that are staying on the third grade team, but most of all I'll miss working with Susan everyday. She is so hard working and a positive light on each day, making my crazy life this year so much easier. 

A HUGE shout out to Lisa, who makes my life possible. If she wasn't job sharing with me I'd probably be tossed into another school with another teacher that I don't know to job share with, and sharing students and a classroom isn't the easiest scenario with a complete stranger. 

I'm looking forward to being with my old team from fifth grade (the previous two years I was with) and hopefully I have some students in my class who are motivated to learn!!! That would be so super exciting! 

After our last day of school we went to Lisa's house for drinks and food. We soaked in the pool and watched the sun set, some paddle boarded but I had two kids to chase until daddy finally showed up. It was a great ending to a lame year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment