Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, September 10, 2017

IRMA SUCKS #1

Wednesday, Pinellas county decided to close schools for the rest of the week for families prepare and or leave. Irma at that time was headed to the East, or so they predicted. Now looking back, I should have packed up the fam and gone. Dad offered to help fly us out and Ana's (and other) doors were open. With Irma on the E I didn't think much about leaving, I knew we'd get weather but didn't anticipate her coming at us. I did say to Andre and others, "Yea, but what if?!!?" and almost all those "what ifs" have happened. I didn't realize how unpredictable storms like this can be. Live and learn, hopefully not the hard way, or the hardest way. I keep thinking Sept. 11 being the day mom died and anticipating Monday in the middle of the night will be Irma at her worst so hopefully it's a special day for her to watch over us closely. So, clearly there is a lot of regret with staying, but I'm doing my best to move forward and do what I can to be positive and take the bull by the horns at this point and know we are prepared as possible. Warning: I might snap on the next person who says they would have left. I like to think others wouldn't judge someone else's decision, not being in my position, but clearly that's not the case. I was so worried about what I heard about people on the road and running out of gas. When in this position, all the options sound pretty lame, it's just not a fun position to be in and I hope I'm never in this position again. I know very few people that left so I felt that I was overreacting, now, I know, I'll forever get the heck out of dodge. Not much I can do about that bad decision at this point. We had plenty of opportunities to go and did not, moving forward.

On a positive note: Andre has been through these things before so he's calm and knows how to prepare. Since I'm a freak, I think of every possible scenario to prepare for, and over prepare no matter what anyone else (ekkem Andre) thinks. I saved every receipt in hopes of taking lots back to the store and not needing it, we've used all 5 rolls of duct tape and could use a few more, so I somehow underestimated something. From batteries, to food, water, tubs full, meds, beds up and down, a space for the worst case scenario prepped with necessities, charged everything, put Andre's car in the garage to have a non-electricity spot to charge, closing all interior doors, wrapping up important documents, toys and earplugs if Clara will leave them in, my worst fear is for her being scared at this point. I think I have thought of almost every worst case scenario, which I know I have not but I've tried and every time I think I thought of it all. I wake up all throughout the night and add "to dos" to my list. Assuming nothing gets severe enough for something devastating to us, I have been trying to think of this as a memory and an adventure. I try to focus on what I can control at this point and move on from the things I cannot. That is much easier said than done. 

Through all the errands we had to run, we made sure to stop by many parks and play in between. I wanted to get my kids out of the house as much as possible not knowing the severity of what's to come.



So much love for one another.




Trying to potty train this little man. Thankfully Kits-to-the-lambs (a name we made from Elsa's kitty lamby she passed on to Everett) was covering his area so I could post a pic of him. 




Filling sand bags and attempted to play at the beach before the crazy storm came, but a minute storm came and chased us out. We only got about 10 bags. 




We out! 



We found some sand! We weren't able to fill them all, but we got some. This was right behind our house. We drove all over to get sand and it was right here the entire time. When one is trying to conserve gas, this was a bit frustrating. Glad we got a few more.


We washed off all the sand from our quick trip to the beach. Last time in the pool for the year probably. It was warm and nice! Hopefully it doesn't get too destroyed. 




Rise and shine, I love this face so much. 




Working at pooping on the potty. He goes every morning while watching a TV show standing up, I guess he doesn't like to go sitting down because even though he will push when I ask him to, nothing comes out. 



Finishing filling sand bags with the kids sandbox. Clara was a GREAT helper!!! 













This little boy plays by himself all day if need be. When things get crazy and I need to be busy he never, I mean NEVER says peep, he just keeps playing! 



The Fegers preparing! 



Sissy and Bubby playing. 




Kisses! 







The Crews ain't scared...




Daddy taping. It was next to impossible to find essentials like water, bread, gas, generators, wood...so we improvise when we can, I hear tape helping is a myth, hopefully we don't have to find that answer out. 




Go away Irma. This almost gave me a panic attack. I wanted to leave as soon as I saw it on Friday night but after such a shift I don't know where to go. I'm nervous she'll go out to the Gulf and plow into another state, if we went across the state she can barrel across, unless we drove really far North it wouldn't do much good to go in that direction. Of course she stayed pretty steady after this move. Little does she know, we don't want a visit. 




To make me laugh about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment