Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 15 - Many Firsts

I am going to be short on time now that I'm home and a mommy of TWO, yay! I will say yesterday was one of the best days of my life. One that I wasn't sure was going to come. When the doctor told me he was going home I did an ugly cry where my entire body shook. There were many tears shed by all that knew Everett yesterday. EVERYONE came to say goodbye. Everyone was so excited for us but didn't want him to go. Many nurses will not have motivation to come to work now. It reminds me of my great school years, thankfully much shorter! I asked many nurses to sign his baby book and all that knew him kept filing in asking to write in it, so meaningful. He's impacted so many. Everyone that he saw was on that day, except Dr. Brooks that we miss so much of course. She still texts me, what character she has!! I'm not sure many doctors text their patients to see how they're doing. It just proves how special and lovable this little guy is. We kept him up all morning so he was very, very tired when it was time to go. Lisa brought Clara in and Andre came from work. After many pictures and discharge papers were signed, off we went, happier than clams. Everett cried he was so pooped, the ENTIRE way home, poor guy. He didn't even sleep once we got here. His screaming came to a halt the moment we pulled into the driveway. Tiffany came over and decorated the garage door with a "Welcome Home Everett" sign along with balloons and other cute decorations. We got a couple quick pictures but I rushed inside since Everett was such a mess. We did catch Nancy for a quick picture. Tiffany ran my breast milk over to Nancy's since our freezer is FULL of milk. Lisa brought Mimi in and I had Everett in his swing in his room. Clara was so excited to have him home. I pulled an Andre and thought I was videoing and wasn't, I'm so pissed, it was so cute. Andre did that the other day with them in the hospital. Both would be my top two favorite videos of all time...DANG! Lisa and Mimi helped me clean the house and get it back in order. I haven't been home in a week and Andre was sick so our house had taken a turn for the worse! We ate some of Nancy's delicious cooking and called it a day. Everett slept the entire time he was so pooped from the morning. Clara did her usual independent playing and wandering around "helping" and entertaining us. What a HUGE help. I would be able to relax with my babies...THANK YOU as always. I'll call them my dream team since they make my dreams come true!

I am in complete bliss at home with both my babies. Let this wonderful life begin!



Dr. Shakeel (middle) said he'll be discharged. Ashley, our primary nurse on the left and Melissa our nurse practitioner on the right. My  handsome man front and center. We all just dried our eyes.



Let's get you cleaned up for your departure home! First real bath. I had Ashley help, slippery baby with a hard floor...didn't want to extend our stay with an accident.

Selfie on our last day in this uncomfortable rocker! Everett was awake all morning, he knew there was something to be excited about. I wish I could have gone home to shower, no time for that.

"I'm tired of this place" or "I'm tigered of this place." I can't decide which is better.


I didn't think we'd get the "PO feeds" which is the oral feeding. I took the CPR class and the other is a pediatrician appointment. Scheduled: Friday 3:15 - we're outa here people.

Monitor OFF! It was so quiet in the room. I loved it.

Everyone in the hospital is supersitcious. I'm so thankful since I am too. I wanted to take a "nicer" outfit for going home but didn't because I didn't want to jinx it. Ashley got Everett these gifts when she went on her break. The teddy says, "I got my first hug at ACH", and the phone for him to call all his girlfriends at the hospital to stay in touch.


My Tiger

Celebrate! Everyone is going to miss him terrible! This is Tammy, another primary nurse.

She loves him dearly.

Everett is getting tired.

This picture was next to the rocker. He starred at it all the time. I always told him it was his sister looking out for him, wanting to be there playing with him. We'll miss this picture.


Get me outa here Mama!

Another Ashley. Not a primary, but an Everett lover, always checking in on him...we were thankful to have her a few days. She was the one that almost wheeled him into surgery. She said she was SO glad I listened to my gut! Me too! 

This is Chris, his speech pathologist. She really helped him get eating like a champ!

Sister is here!




Best. Big. Sister. Ever. - - IS RIGHT!




I wanted to run out of there.

Waiting on the elevator. The beautiful view he never saw during his stay! We'll show you lots of beautiful views soon buddy!





Thank you aunt Lisa!!!

Ashley's final goodbye, or so we thought. She called me after we left. I left the discharge papers there. :/ She said she'd bring them to me tomorrow.

Thank you for everything Ashley! We love you!

Nancy caught us before I ran inside.

"Welcome Home Everett" - Thank you Tiffy!




Where am I?

Cleaning the hands!!

In Everett's room. Clara was so excited to have him home! Brother this, brother that!

In peace.



His poor eye still has a tear from all the crying on the way home. :(





His hand.

Thank you Porcello family, they brighten our days!

The mess. Mimi and Lisa here to my rescue.

Dada gets some missed swim time with his baby girl.

Clara is always talking to grandpa when she's on the phone. When she chats she says, "Guppies, Dada, Mama, Nunu, play, soon..." over and over.

Big girl bed. She only jumped on it. Not promising.


Belly time.

One happy family!

So happy to be home.

"What?! I get to stay here?!"

Night night world.



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful day, wonderful family. We are so happy for you. ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unforgettable day. Love the pictures. I'm so happy for you all xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete