Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 7

Since I am behind on blogging this will all be out of order and on the wrong days. However, blogging on my phone makes it extra difficult to organize pictures and text so I am just going to roll with it.


This was last night before bed. Andre and I bought new pajamas for Clara, we are now starting to buy things that both kiddos can wear.

I love aunt "Krissin"

She has finally started to eat some dinner right before it's bedtime. Her eating habits are still on the fritz.

A random picture of sweet Elsa! What a cutie!

Yesterday after naptime Clara and I play Play-doh. She knows all of her shapes, even hexagons and octagons. She is about 90% accurate with colors now. And Kristen has been playing some fun games to help her learn her numbers. we are trying to get her to recognize numbers. We know she can count!

So sleepy! Since we got new orders and are being allowed to feed Everett when he is awake and hungry, I stay the night on Sunday. I got about an hour of sleep with attempting to feed him all throughout the night. They still make me wake him in order to get him to eat the quantity that is required per shift which is 320 mL. It takes me about 45 minutes to wake him, an hour to feed him and then I need to get him back in bed which leaves me a very short time to fall asleep and wake up to start the process over again. There is also the issue of our location, nurses are always talking outside our room and the lounge door is extremely loud. I wish I was a sound sleeper! He was 75 mL shy of his grand total yesterday. The doctors were pretty impressed with how much he did on his own so we are continuing this way. I stayed again last night and we couldn't get him to eat much, we will see what they have to say about it and rounds today. He is so extremely tired. You can tell all of his energy is being spent on eating on his own. As soon as he starts to gag or pull away from the bottle I stop, I don't want to create a worse oral aversion.

My sweet boy! 

Ignore my pasty white tired smile, an hour of sleep is unbecoming. 


Seeing him without anything on his face has been one of the most amazing moments since he was born. I love my handsome man! I can't keep my lips off those cheeks

Steven and Tiffany took turns visiting Everett on Sunday so we could have time away from the hospital. I was dying to be there to see him without anything on his face, but I also knew I needed to enjoy some time away. Claire has been doing a great job swimming things to Kristen and Andre practicing. I have a great video I will need to post soon. She is so brave! Here are pictures of her jumping in, backwards in order. She loves to pop up and start clapping for herself.



We usually have a swimmy diaper on her and a bathing suit, but we decided to get in the pool last minute. She loves being a nakie baby!



Daddy picked out a big bubble wand for her and we spent some time chasing and popping bubbles! I don't know who enjoyed it more, Andre or Clara…



Our cardinal was going crazy all morning chirping. We did not know what was wrong until Kristen found the owl in the Tiki hut. He stayed for a day! I think it is an adult screech owl but I'm not sure. 

Nunu riding Shalimar! Nunu has always been clear his favorite, but he has really taken a step up in her world. He is her best friend. She make sure he experiences everything she does. She talks to him and plays with him like a human. Everything she gets to do, he has to do too! Their "Conversations" are hysterical!


Fun at the mall!


"Hmmmm, why isn't this working?"


Aunt Kristin put in money for her to ride, she started to slide back and forth. She said, " I gotchu butt!" She says, " I gotchu..." When she wants something or someone to feel protected. It started when I was putting her shoes on one day and she was wobbly on my leg and I told her, "I got you!"  so she would feel safe. She has been saying it ever since, now she is even protecting her butt.



No comments:

Post a Comment