Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, July 11, 2015

June 11

I got here this morning at eight for Everetts G.I. x-rays. He was fast asleep. When Melissa, our nurse practitioner came in I let her know I thought he could be successful if he wasn't under such a rigid schedule. I asked her if for 24 hours we could let him eat and sleep on his own, let him be in charge, since that's what babies do in their own homes. She agreed.

He woke up hungry at nine, his last meal was at 5 AM. Of course the x-ray tech was behind and we didn't go down for the x-ray until 945. My poor little darling was so hungry, but he is still always so patient. He couldn't eat anything before the x-ray. The technician allowed me to help which was great, I was able to help turn Everetts head and hold his arms while giving him his pacifier to soothe him.

Everything came back good with his G.I. x-rays, which is great news. I see why they try and avoid it, it is a lot of radiation. By the time we got back to the room it was 11 and Everett drink 47 mL. He slept until two and then he drank 125 mL. I gave him a bath and he fell fast asleep in his swing while I was making his bed. Kristin came to feed him and say goodbye :(((. He woke up for us around six and drink 85 mL. He drink a combination of breast milk and formula today. The ladder part of the day I gave him formula since it is easier for him to drink, he downs it! His night nurse took his blood pressure which woke him right up at eight, he drank another 60 mL. He was wide-awake after that and we read books and rocked. I could tell he was tired, but he couldn't fall asleep. He drank 30 more milliliters at 9:45. I know in the hospital they go based on shifts, but for a daytime amount (which is how my brain works) he drink 347 mm which is over his expected 300. After he drink the 30 mL, he fell fast asleep for about 20 minutes on me. Then he woke up and waited about 20 minutes of belly time. I can't believe how strong his neck is he also pushes up on his hands. He is a little gassy and a bit fussy, so I just plopped him in his swing in hopes that can help him get to sleep. 

Kristin had a great day with Clara. She took her to highland park and they had a blast. I forgot to ask her if she took any pictures. Andre went to the walk in clinic this morning and has bronchitis. He got an anabiotic, and slept most of the day. Hopefully he's better by tomorrow, since he and Clara I will be on their own.

I am going to stay at the hospital tonight, maybe leave in the wee hours of the morning to go home and shower, take Kristin to the airport, then come back to the hospital. we wish we could keep her indefinitely. It makes me sad she will miss his homecoming. She deserves to be there with us more than anyone. :( 

We will see how the Little big man does throughout the night. She slept most of the day, so we might be up together partying tonight. 

My chunky monkey before his two boys put back in yesterday. All he has on his body are his leads, which read his heart rate, respiratory rate, and oxygen level. We don't even watch the monitor anymore. The only thing I use it for now is when I can't see him in the crib at night, I can tell by his heart rate if he is awake.


I try to get him to not twist his head, Clara used to do the same thing.




All cozy in his towels after his bath.


Daddy sent me this picture, I asked for a picture because I miss her so much. They called me to say good night. She told me all about her day and then said I love you. It's so fun talking to her on the phone now! Anytime she pretends like she is talking to someone on the phone, she is always talking to grandpa.




We will miss you and Kristin! We all can't thank you enough! We couldn't have done this without you!

One of my favorite pictures! We have so much fun with you here! I don't even remember what we are laughing about it seems we are in stitches about something all the time! You are so beautiful! We will miss your smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment