Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, May 19, 2013

18 Weeks

The app says my uterus is about the size of a cantaloupe, baby Feger is about 5.5 inches long and weighs about five ounces. They compared her to a sweet potato, not the best for a picture but it has the word sweet in it and it'll be a nice side dish this week. I'm feeling good still, enjoying it while it lasts, as moms around me remind me how uncomfortable I'll be before I know it. My only issue is acid reflux which was an issue before pregnancy so I'm managing quite well. I still say a big thank you each morning I have energy and no morning sickness, I have not forgotten how rotten that time period was and am very thankful to be over that!

I can feel her "quickening" they call it, or tickling me on a regular basis now. She is more squirmy some days than others which of course makes me nervous when I don't feel anything. I don't let myself think too much into it, she's still quite small. Also, there is enough going on to keep me distracted. We have 12 days of school left however I am doing trainings for a few weeks right when we get out of school. The countdown makes it easier to go to work each day. I'm looping with my kids to fourth grade and am excited to stay with them next year, it's fun to share this experience with them.

Here is Mrs. Feger's class at our field trip to the Thresher's game last Wednesday. It was fun and HOT!  My 14 boys and 4 girls were very good! The girls are THRILLED I'm having a girl since they're so outnumbered, I reminded them she wouldn't be a student in our class. I wish I could bring her along, they'd all take such good care of her! I let them play a guessing game when I announced I was pregnant, all I said was I had an announcement. They all thought it was something about them so I had to narrow their thinking by giving them a clue, it was about me. Their first guess was that I was looping, they've been begging me all year. I knew I was looping with them but I couldn't tell them that yet so that was fun to keep. After many guesses, one of my boys, Jorge, was so polite and said he thinks I could be pregnant. He is very observant and said he noticed my "little" belly he called it, popping out of my dress. He hugs me all day too and said he thought he noticed a difference in how hard I hugged him. Then I let them guess the sex and suggest names, very interesting and some I really like. They are having fun with it and extra excited now that they know I'll be with them again next year!


We had a busy weekend of household chores and our friends Dave and Julie's wedding. Andre and I are also planting a butterfly garden on the side of the house so we got the plants for that project. We have one at my school and it's so beautiful. I love the butterflies they attract and watching the process. With Andre's green thumb he makes all my dreams possible! Pictures to come once we get it established.

 
Sweet potato baby!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment