Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Butterfly Garden


 

 
 

 

 
These are the "before" pictures. We are terrible about remembering to take true before pictures. The side of the house here was just grass. That's really all that was in our backyard when we moved in, the rest was us. I remembered to take some in progress pictures. The bottom one won't let me make it big. I told Andre we have a butterfly garden at work and I love it and want one. In my mind I'm envisioning planting 10 plants somewhere over here and letting them flourish. Andre has much more grand ideas and takes my small ones and blows them up. So we ended up killing all the grass on the side of the house, adding pavers starting at our driveway, planting the butterfly plants, mulch and then some! It was two days of 8am-7pm work Memorial Day weekend just in time for our family gathering for the holiday on Monday. Andre found that we were actually on track which never happens so he adds some to our plate just to keep it interesting. The "extras" will be the plants you see on the side of the house in the final pictures. He walks into Lowes, picks out a handful of random plants, asks me to pick some and then just makes it look so perfect somehow! He has a vision I do not have and makes me love our home even more! I was lucky and got a 5 hour break on Sunday for his cousin, Selene's bridal shower. Andre on the other hand, stayed hard at work to make sure it was done! Thanks love!
 
 
AFTER!
 
 



1 comment:

  1. amazing! and it really really attracts butterflies! good work you two:)

    ReplyDelete