Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day! (17 weeks)

My first Mother's Day as a "kind of mom" was great. I'm still nervous about something going wrong so I walked ever so lightly throughout the day being very thankful for the position I was in. Mother's Day is usually partially sad since Andre and I both miss our moms dearly! We missed them the same but we both had an extra pep in our step and I'm thinking and hoping the distraction of being parents (in this case, almost parents) will forever have a positive twist on Mother's Day.

We went down to my Dad's for the day, I haven't seen him since I found out I was pregnant. Andre and I drove down for the day and relaxed in the pool. Tiger made a nice steak dinner and we headed home.

The food the "what to expect" app compared the little princess to last week at 17 weeks was a turnip. Yikes. Not cute and I wouldn't eat it after so I decided to just hold a pretty flower in honor of Mother's Day instead.

 
We went to register at "Babies R Us" and we've never been so confused. We thought we'd be there for an our or two and ended up needing five. We had to leave to grab something to eat it took so long. There are so many choices and so many things that are new that I don't remember from babysitting. I was most comfortable in the baby section when I was 11 babysitting my niece Kylie than I am now as an almost mom at 30. Thankfully we have many wonderful, helpful resources.
 
Corrie got me a Mother's Day present and gave it to me early at our volleyball game on Thursday. It is the cutest little outfit and Andre and I just stare at it trying to imagine our little one inside it and it it's mind blowing.
 


So cute! So tiny!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Next time get your hand out of the way mama, we all want to see that belly growing!
    Love you and can't wait for our playdates!

    ReplyDelete