Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Andre hard at work...

This morning was one of my favorite in a long time. We slept in until 8:30 and enjoyed a nice slow morning. We both worked a long day yesterday, him outside and me inside. I spent time putting the rooms back together (I've been going through closets!) and cleaning the house. It's been a while since the dust rag was used. I went and got an iced coffee and the Sunday paper and we sat outside in the beautiful weather enjoying the paradise of our backyard. Enjoyed breakfast and some paddle ball along with a little lottery winnings. I got us each a $1 scratch of selected by the wonderful Indian cashier at the gas station where I got my paper and I thought I lost. Thankfully Andre scratched his after me and read his directions aloud and I realized while listening to him I won $40! Andre's been trying to get the birds to venture into our yard more but the squirrels seem to enjoy the feeders more. Here is one INSIDE this little blue feeder, I haven't a clue how it shrinks itself enough to fit inside the little hole. I guess they are like Shalimar and just look bigger because of their fur.

 
You can see the one on top of the fence. He climbs down and sits on top and the one inside hands him some seeds. Adorable. I love the nature in our yard. We have many birds, our favorites are the blue birds and cardinals. The little bunnies are irresistible! We had mallards for a while and loved them at first, then they pooped on our deck too much so we had to scare them off!
 
Aunt Barb wanted to see the updates in the backyard so here are a few.
 
 
 



My feet up while Andre maintains! ;) Thanks my love. Oh, and thanks for the bunions Great Aunt Cecil!

A day away from 4 months!


So for those of you that didn't see our house when we bought it imagine nothing in the back yard and a big ugly screen over the pool. A lot has changed, a lot of our sweat and time in this back yard to get it how we want it. We both have many more ideas to add! I'm really bad about taking before pictures. I know I have some so I'll try and dig back and find some.



 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment