Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Monday, May 6, 2013

It's A Girl!

Today was probably one of the neatest days of our lives. It started last night when I couldn't sleep. I felt like it was Christmas, yes, I still get that excited for Christmas. It was also hard to sleep because I was hot since Andre didn't turn the air on before bed as much as usual since it got a little cooler out last night, I managed to marry my father. The good news is when I told him at 3:30 I couldn't sleep he cranked it and rubbed my back.

This morning at work I felt her kicking and/or squirming very clearly for the first time. I had felt flutters before that but this morning was the first experience with strong punches and kicks. It happened all morning. I rushed out of work anxious to find out, unable to get the grin off my face. On my way to pick up Andre from work I found myself in tears. I was wishing I could share these moments with my mom. I smiled big through them knowing she's watching from above.

Our little one decided to nap this afternoon during her performance time. Her little legs were in the way of the important parts so it took a little bit and "another way" and our technician informed us it was a girl and she is 100% sure, so we're trusting her. We were both thrilled and it all seems very real, even more than usual. I thought I would mail something cute to my family but I should have known myself better. Andre and I were both texting and calling as many people as we could so anxious to spread the word. If I haven't called yet, I will!!! We went to grab dinner and went on a quick shopping spree and are both tuckered out.

Some Baby Shots:

You can see her spine great, along with her little hand at the top.

I can't get this one big for some reason. If you click on it I think it should enlarge. She is trying to get her hand in her mouth it appears.

Here is short clip the technician took:

 
I can't get these next two videos to upload so here's what's to come...
 
Here is the video Andre took of the sound of the heartbeat during the ultrasound:

I met with the doctor after and she used a smaller instrument to hear the heartbeat for herself. I thought Andre was taking a picture at first: (TO BE ADDED!!)

Andre and I decided it would be fun to go pick out a gift for our little one now that we know it's a girl. They are so fun to shop for. Andre fell in love with a dress. She won't fit in it until she is two but we only went to Marshals and our 0-3 month outfits were limited. I picked out a mini teddy bear and blanket since those were my two favorite things since the start!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment