Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Monday, December 23, 2013

Festivus

I was so excited Ana and Theresa were here for festivus this year. Infants are welcome at festivus so Clara came along which was nice because all my options for a babysitter would be there. For those of you that don't know, Andre and his group of awesome friends have had festivus for quite some time. It consists of: feats of strength, airing of grievances, and a $25 gift exchange. I have been a part of this fun only for the last several years and prior to me many people are still not talking or at least quite offended from the happenings. I'm sad I missed those ones, they sounded quite entertaining! Normally the feats of strength is an egg nog chugging contest and the loser continues to have to compete the following year which means Steven will be competing. One time it was pie eating, usually ends in puke, if Darren is involved it's puke with junk trunks. The boys got sick of it I guess, so last year the feats of strength was lady arm wrestling. None of us were into it but we were all good sports. Darren wanted one final winner, which meant Corrie and I had to wrestle. In order to get me to partake I got a free unannounced slap which means for one full year I can slap Darren at anytime without warning. The only drawback to this is I was pregnant then and pretending to drink and have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for one full year so my sober condition has not allowed me a good slap. Normally, I'd be around Darren more often and I'm sure I have many reasons to slap him ;) but being pregnant and then having Clara I've been quite behaved! Needless to say, I've had 365 days to do this and I was not going to let it pass by! There was one time in the past (Okay, probably more but this one stands out!) Darren really deserved a slap and I felt like I owed him a good swat across the face.

So, Lisa and I went head to head in the beer chugging contest which was this years feats of strength and she would normally have KILLED me. We planned on me winning, then I'd take hers and chug it, and finally & finally slap Darren. Well, after my beer I was ready so I left hers and wound up and got him across the face...SCORE! He was holding the feats of strength bracket behind me so his hands were tied up, it couldn't have been more perfect. Did I feel bad? Medium. That wouldn't normally be something I would ever do or want to do but I knew he didn't forget and I know for a fact if I gave him a free pass like that he would use it, no doubt. So, I'm sorry Darren, but thank you. Tiffany got a picture of the before and after, I gave his cheek many kisses after because I felt bad, my hand was stinging and hot so I have a feeling he felt it.

The entire night was perfect. Dave and Stacy hosted again this year, there house is great for this celebration. No one wrote anything offensive enough on the pole so no feelings were hurt, no one had to go to the hospital, no ones kids had broken legs, I don't believe there was even puking. It was the perfect combination of eventful and uneventful all at the same time. Lots of laughs and great to be around such good, fun people before the holidays.

Corrie vs. Ana

Clara being so darn good!

Steven, Darren, & Andre

Grievances

Lisa and I pre slap

Hugging Darren post slap, notice everyone smiling and his wife clapping. ;) It was the right thing to do.


Andre opened a griddle, Corrie stole it back which was fine for us, we have one. Plus she cooks us our Christmas breakfast so she'll need it! ;)


"Theres" taking great care of Clara so mama can cut loose!

Ana opening her gift, Starbucks cups and $5 gift card!! Yay, "fished what I wanted!"

 Hot dog maker...bust!

Inappropriate statue with gift card on the bottom.

Darren really liked the statue.

Ed and Lisa's first festivus. It's about darn time.

I got lots of problems with you people!  


The whole gang. 





Oh and of course, my kick ass sister won the beer chugging contest, duh! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment