Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy Two Month Birthday Clara

It's hard to imagine I've been a real live mommy for two full months. This time has gone by faster than any time in my life. Clara is the biggest blessing her daddy and I could have ever wished for. We both still gaze at her like we did in the hospital in awe of the life we have with our new addition. She is way too big and strong for her age, she is making new strides daily. She holds her head all on her own now!! :((( There goes my bundle of goo. During her 3am feeding is the only time I have to monitor her head when she is sleepy. She loves to be held upright so she can look around, so long are the days of cradling her. She LOVES to stand on my belly or even on the floor. She is able to sleep for 4-5 hours during the night but that only happens a few times a week, not every night. She is still sleeping in her swing but her feet are starting to inch off the bottom when she squirms down. I think our next move is to find some way to incline her in her crib even though I'm not looking forward to that transition. I not only like having her by my side at night to observe and make sure she's okay but it's very convenient when she doesn't go 4-5 hour stretches.

She continues to surprise me with our schedule. Some days she is sleepy and some days awake all day. She can be very happy and very fussy needing to be held all day. She is never fussy for no reason, just when I think she is, she will let out a huge burp or spit up a lot and I'm reminded she really only cries when something is up. I continue to run errands with her and force our outings even if we aren't in the mood. There has only been one time so far I've had to bail ship and go home due to her being fussy. Some days she sleeps sound in the car and other times she cries bloody murder wanting to be out. All Andre and I can count on is our love for her. It continues to grow everyday, even when we think it's not possible to love her any more. I'm wondering if I'll be a different teacher now that I'm a mom. I have a new perspective on the love one can have for their child and an understanding that parents would do anything to make their life perfect. It will be interesting to see, although I'm dreading the day I have to go back to work. I haven't a clue how I'm going to do it. Thankfully I have another month to avoid thinking about that!

 
Holding her head allows me to take her for airplane rides!!  


Andre putting together her now play station now that she is holding herself up so well. We'll have to tuck pillows around her seat to keep her balanced but I think she is going to love looking at all this thing has to offer!
 
Our first bath in the tub. She likes her bath, she is a tad apprehensive, taking big breaths and looking nervous but when I talk to her she calms and starts to enjoy. She is good for about 10 minutes and then is ready to be done. Washing all that hair is so much easier under the faucet at the kitchen sink so we only do her body in the bath. Her hair is thick and hard to rinse.

 
 


Blowing her hair dry saves us about 15 minutes and she hates the towel dry method anyway. The noise and warm air soothes her and she fell right asleep...for five minutes. ;)

My baby is 2 months old!! (I can't get these pictures turned for the life of me...sorry!)

 All smiles and even giggles now!


Watch me grow next to jumbo bear! Look at my strong neck!


My friend Bonnie at work got her this onesie and ball. Too cute! Mommy and Daddy's little volleyball player already!

1 comment:

  1. Looking back at this now I see how much you and Everett have in common. Fussy, but from gas and reflux, not liking the car seat, wanting to be held upright...my loves.

    ReplyDelete