Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Clara Swimming - two days shy of 8 mo.

I have so much to catch up on with the blog from my trip to NY. I'll get there, but here is a tid bit from tonight's swim lesson.

Andre has been eager to get Clara back in the water since I've been in NY. I know he was nervous about her taking steps back while we were in NY. She loves the water so much and is always eager to get in. She loves to play and splash, swim about...being on her back is her least favorite but she tolerates it. She does have moments of apprehension but no matter what Andre teaches her, she continues to smile and enjoy. She dips her face in on her own, holding her breath, even though she is nervous. Her independence and confidence allows her to take risks she is nervous about. I hope these qualities you show now Clara, follow through for a lifetime!

Andre talked about dipping her for more than a "quick dunk" but we decided to wait and give her a week back in the water. While I was briefing Tiffany on Julia's day and helping her pack her in the car Andre had taken it upon himself to take this step early. I KNOW he knows what he's doing (contrary to popular belief) however, I'm a nervous mommy. I was fine with it after I notice she loves it, but get nervous about the amount of water she takes in and don't want the water to bother her ears. After I took this video of her I got in and we had her go back and forth from Andre to me and she loved it. She looks for our hands and reaches towards us, as soon as she is up she gives us the stiff arm and turns herself around to go back. She LOVES swimming already! Way to go Clara!

No comments:

Post a Comment