Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Monday, June 9, 2014

Happy 2nd Anniversary My Love!

It's been two years already. I know that's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but I don't know where two years went. I also don't know how we already have a family. I couldn't be happier, more blessed, lucky, whatever "one" calls it, I am just that.

I'm so thankful for my husband. He is a better listener than me. He knows what I want, it could be something small like a kit-kat, big like a camera, or my life wishes and goals. He still surprises me, but I do beg for more. His little notes and rhymes I miss the most. He will text me throughout the day to see how my day is going. He tells me I look pretty, and I can tell he means it. He opens my doors for me when he's not putting Clara in the car. He snuggles up close to me at night and grabs for my hand in the car. He is honest and sincere. He'll tell me when I'm wrong, when my hair is messed up, when my fly is down, or when I'm SOOO very out of style with my bootcut jeans. ;) I love his honesty. He always challenges me to be better. He says sorry when he is wrong. Yes, Andre, I know this is a rare thing since you're such a smart cookie. He doesn't like it when I'm sad. He is happy-go-lucky and makes me smile. If we disagree he caves when I want something that he knows is important to me. He has good taste in music, decor, landscaping, clothes, and women of course! He is one of the hardest workers I've ever met. He has an amazing green thumb. He can make anything, fix anything, solve anything. He is patient with most things. We are patient with the opposite things so it works out. He is clean and likes things neat. He can do his own laundry, I do it most of the time but if he needs something he does it himself. The only thing he "expects" me to do is dishes really since he hates them. When I leave and come home from a trip the house is picked up for me. He'll help me with anything if I ask. We do have typical gender roles in the house but didn't before Clara. We used to do everything together. I miss working with him in the yard and his help in the house but it's obviously worth it to have our amazing little beauty. He tells me the house looks nice when I've cleaned. He feeds Shalimar when I forget. If I whine he lets me get my way with the little things, like a lot of favors in a row when I'm lazy. He takes care of my car when it has problems, he'll even clean it for me sometimes too. He kisses me hi and bye. He knows I never like to leave or go to bed on a bad note so if we happen to be in a tiff he'll let it go and love me anyway. He takes AMAZING care of Clara. He helps me with whatever I ask him to with her, even rocks poopy diapers. He can't keep surprises long, it's cute. He'll ask me if I want to know/have my surprise now or later. I'll always tell him later since I like to wait for the occasion. He'll keep asking until I give in, or he'll give clues until I know what it is. He's not your typical male, he cares about things like decorations, dishwear, Clara's outfits. I love that about him. I love that he is so involved in my life and is and will be in hers. I love that he always wants more, he'll never settle for less. I love his need for travel and passion for life. I new I'd marry him the day I met him. I'm so thankful I found him. My life wouldn't be complete without him. He gave me the most beautiful daughter. He is my best friend. He makes every single day better. There are a MILLION more things I could say, but I need to save a few for next year.

I am excited about our future. Thank you for being you Andre Feger. Happy 2nd Anniversary! I'm sorry I'm not with you today. Thanks for understanding I needed to be with my new baby cousin Elsa. You are the best. I love you with all my heart.

About one year ago in Chicago. I love that Clara was with us then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment