Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

NY Part 2

I decided to start a new post. I was updating today while watching Clara and Julia for the 30 minutes their naps overlapped and when I update it doesn't save like a new post does so everything I did was lost. :((( If you are a regular reader, I did add some more to the previous NY post if interested, check back at that post.


Monday night after Clara and I went to Cuba and Wellsville for visits we came back for a delicious spaghetti dinner that Nick made. He made his homemade sauce and meatballs, best I've ever tasted! They are so nice to host a dinner barely in week two of parenthood. I don't think I was able to get off the couch well at that point after giving birth. It makes it so easy on me to see everyone all at once. Thank you Brandace and Nick!!

Not only did they host dinner, but Brandi has been on the go since before I got there and the full week I was there. They also had Nick's parents staying with them too. Clara and I came soon after and made a full house. I don't know how Brandi did it, company, being on the go, being a first time mommy, she is amazing!! Thank you Brandi and Nick, we had such a great time!










4 Generations

Grammy only had to wait 102 years for great grand-babies!




The Porcello Family

Aunt Brandi putting together more of Elsa's toys for cousin Clara. Thanks Elsa for sharing all your things!

"I like to share Mama!"

Leslie, Kate and kids came to visit.


Clara finally meets Vella


Thanks for visiting Leslie!

Nick and his right hand lady busy in the kitchen, already showing her the ropes.


Daddy wants to give Elsa a taste!

Thanks for sharing Elsa, this toy rocks!

Kylie came for a visit! XO

Clara's first table food was Nick's spaghetti! She loved it of course, it was delicious. I was eating some and feeding her, her food. I could tell she wanted what was on my plate from watching me eat so I shared, yummy! Since then she's eaten some mac'n'cheese and pieces of banana.


Went for a walk! Love the scenery.

Gramp walking his ladies out.

Quick feed before we go. This first time mommy is such a pro!


These girls rode with Nick to Cuba while Brandi and I took the jag. It's so funny to have Brandi and I packing babies.


Clara's usual eatery.


This pic was meant to be above with Brandi feeding Elsa. We got them out the door and decided it would be wise to feed them both before we left to pack them in the back with Nick. They were both full, happy and asleep by the time we got to Cuba.

Selfie with Gram

Kristin and Kristopher came to dinner too!



Sweet baby so happy with her mama.

What else are two girls supposed to do with their babies other than dress them up and take pictures of them? Brandi got Elsa all dolled up, cleaned up and fed and by the end of that it was Clara's nap time. It's amazing how hard it is to find a time where both babies are happy, fed and awake...awake is the hardest part.


I love her little face in this one.



The wonderful nursery. So bright, soft and calm.

This koo-koo baby took the calm out of the nursery. The sun was out so I was getting the lighting right. By the time I was done figuring it out, Brandi was done nursing, this crazy girl needed a nap bad. There was no point in trying to get her dressed up, something she hates...being changed to then beg for a smile.


Sun left.

Looking a little sleepy.

As is this sleeping beauty. Which is great for pictures, so here goes nothing.



baby feet

workin' my core

sweet face - one of my favorite pictures


sun out
 
clouds

SUCH a sweet face.

Hi cousin Clara!

Aunt Brandi is daring!

Clara starts really gentle, then gets excited. Brandi was at an arms reach!

This was the money shot! Clara starting to hold her hand. These two are precious.

Where'd Elsa go?

Bad news, Elsa was crying. Good news, Clara didn't cause it. Time to eat again. Clara noticed her headband here and that was her focus for the remaining pics.


Take two.


I see her bow, and want it.

Barbie, way to get the chair and wall and not little Elsa's cute feet. Epic fail.


Hey cuz, can I suck on your fingers?

Silly girls.

One week, a tad late...better late than never.



Finally got the lighting a tad warmer, love her fists.




Enough pictures Aunt Barbie, and get this stupid bow off my head please!

Happily feeding, so I'll get those piggies.

I miss Clara's hand here. Their little touch is the best.

Another fav


The next day, Thursday, Merrissa & AJae came over. She brought a swing for Elsa. Then we went to Kate's grandma's/Barb's house for our official gathering for pictures and play date.

"Hi friend! I can't wait for you to come back to the sunshine state where you belong. My mommy seconds that! I like your toes. Can I take off your socks like I take off mine?"


Nick came home for lunch to snuggle.



Tumble...haha. We saw this coming, Merrissa saved the day, I take pictures as usual, sorry Clara. Mommy will take pictures of you tipping instead of grabbing you to save your head from the crib. oops

Pretty mama with her perfect baby.




Elsa in a manger.




I love her hands next to her pretty face.

Night night sweet baby.

AJae taking a turn bouncing. She loved this!!



Uh oh!

Never mind.

Getting ready for pictures!




Beautiful Merris & AJae

Look at these ladies! Elsa is eating with her mommy, we wouldn't trust her near our chikas anyway since they like to swing their arms so much!

Someone has V's and AJae's attention, Clara is just clapping. 

See, Elsa's there, the quiet, little, not yet crazy one!


Poor V, Clara wanted her headband.

V wanted Clara's shoe. You can see AJae thinking about it.

AJae then noticed Vella's hair band and is now after it. I finally got Clara to leave it alone.

Sweet girl.

Hey Ma, look I got my shoe back!
 
Alton brought his mommy flowers. Three to be exact, daisies. So we gave one to each of the girls. They loved playing with them. AJae tried eating hers, the look on her face looked like she took a shot of tequila. She still tried to eat it. I think Merris has video of that, if so Merris, send it to me so I can add it! ;)





Little Elsa!





  I should have brightened this up. I had it on auto and trusted it. It should have been lighter. Dang.

This is the best one I got of all the girls. Not very happy with it. I think an iPhone pic turned out better, which I'll dig through my pics next to find. We also thought after that we should have ordered them from oldest to youngest, which they are, but right to left, then front of course. My favorite comment about this picture was from Jack Porcello. He looked at it (small on the camera of course) and said, "Who had the rough night?" referring to Elsa, his granddaughter in the front looking passed out. Let's hope our girls don't get her into that kind of trouble ever!

Hi Cousin Elsa, wanna play?



Elsa, I really wanna play, wake up.
The sweetest AJae - she is seriously the happiest, sweetest little pumpkin, just like her mama.

I love Vella's big smile. She is such a good baby, so content, even when all these toofers are cutting through!
Better light.







I can never get Clara to look, especially when there is grass near to grab. I was happy to see that AJae also ignores her mommy! She would only look when someone else called her, Clara refused no matter who called her name, she was so focused on the grass.


It's bright mama.
What's that big bright ball in the sky?
I can do the "one eye" just like my great grandma!
Happy mommy with her sweetest pea!
Love this pic, wish I had the lighting better.

It was so nice to get together. Kate, Merrissa (now Brandace) and I have an ongoing text message of Q and A where we help each other answer questions about our babies. It's the most amazing experience to not only be having babies together, but all girls. The distance between us all is killer. Merrissa should be making her way back to FL at some point which


to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment