Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Friday, August 18, 2017

Back to school photos

Another year of job-sharing with my bestie. I don't know what I'd do without this rock in my life. Life is so fun, funny, easy, bright, and peaceful with you in it. We all love you Aunt Leesie!

We work right up until the moment before parent's and kid's feet walk through that door, somehow we manage to get it done in the nick of time. 

This is the meet and greet the day before school. Families come in to meet the teacher, find and see the classroom, etc. Ready or not, here they come.


Ms. Wright is Clara's teacher, she's in the blue. The assistant, Mrs. H is by the shelf. I snuck out of my meet and greet at 2:30 and made it over to her classroom to find her playing with her teacher. It got her REALLY excited about school, she loved the play toaster. 



Mrs. H has a 26 year old daughter with Down syndrome. Although she loves Clara, she can't wait to have her hands on Everett next year. Ms. Wright is so gentle, patient and kind. 







Daddy came over quick to hang hooks for our book bags. He helped me make them a few years ago for my portable and we stole them back! ;) 



Cupcake in mommy's room after the meet and greet. I figured if I had a sweet treat in my room for her after school it would be another great motivator for the beginning of the year. She is a very healthy eater so a sweet treat in my class might be a great memory for her. 



Bubby taking great care of Nunu while sissy is at school. JK. We all know that wouldn't happen. Nuns stays in the car seat until we leave school. She tried for a while to convince us to have Nunu for naps but I'm too scared she'll go missing and all the germs she'll bring into our home from school. I think (hope) Clara continues to understand, it's just not going to happen. I'm dreading cold and flu season with all the germs she'll get and also bring home to Bubs-a-dubs. We both come in the house, wash our hands and change our clothes, not sure if that will help much, but it's worth a try. 



Daddy had to go to CVS twice the night before school to resend the pics to make them small enough to fit her necklace. We were both up late attempting to make her first day perfect. Oh, yea, and to prepare for my class. (oops face) I've not thought much about the fact that I'm a teacher, I'm so over focused on her going to school. It's not settling right. 



Mama and dada on the left and nunu and Bubby on the right. 



As we're working at the kitchen table at 11pm Andre said, "Everett looks just like us in this picture." Then he showed me this. Turd. 



All ready! Physically.






Rose gold. I discovered it was my favorite when I picked out Andre's wedding band. I wish I would have discovered it sooner, I think I would have requested my wedding ring in rose gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment