Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Hair Cut for Sissy - getting ready for school

This little girl is something lately. We're taking away her naps, some days, lots of times that doesn't work so well. She needs them during the day but then she doesn't fall asleep until 10:30-10:45 at night. We put her in bed at 8:30 and she'll lay and chat, play, sing, etc. We take her "friends" away, it doesn't matter. I don't know if she just needs to take that much time for her brain to unwind, or if I'm doing something very wrong as a parent, we're trying to figure out what works best for her, especially with school coming up. She sleeps until 7:30-7:45 when she goes to bed late and we need her up by 7 to get out of the house on time for school. 

Abbey, our sitter is back and Clara is having fun with her. She is nervous about school. She told me, "nervous" and my heart sank. I'm very nervous about her going, I don't want her to be sad or miss me. I remember how hard it was for me to be away from my mom as a child. Clara is much stronger and more independent than I was when I was her age, but I'm still very nervous. She will be going to school all day and they have about an hour they lay down. We're trying to get her pumped with a first day of school outfit, backpack, blanket for nap, etc. She told me she was very whiney and was wetting her pants because she wouldn't be able to go to school if she did those things. :((((( We go next Thursday, I'm so petrified. I am excited for her to be able to socialize and play with peers her age. The public school PK3 class has 7 ESE or special ed kids, and 7 typical kids. Everett will be going into this same class next year. The class is at my school at Southern Oak so that is comforting. I'm excited she won't be dragged to Everett's therapy anymore, and I'm happy to be able to focus better on him. He has so many appointments, at least once a day if not two a day, his schedule is crazy, especially with the sleep study appointments coming up. I'm so glad Clara will be learning and playing at school instead. I just hope she's happy about it. I'm teaching second grade this year, so it'll be hard to sneak away or focus on anything but them since they are small and needy, so I won't have time in my day to think too much about Clara's day, although I know it'll be in the back of my mind all day long. Time will tell. Her teacher seems very nice. I just hope she's not bored, she knows a lot for a three year old and she'll be an older one in the class since she missed the cut off by one month. I'm trying to stay positive. 














































































No comments:

Post a Comment