Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Saturday, June 13, 2015

June 13

Everett had a great day. Stephanie was back today, we love her. Everett does so good with her there, he's had two great days in a row with her. He looked great today. Now that I'm not worrying about lines there's some relief. Dr. Torres was on, Melissa was back :).

There have been major changes with his vent today. They changed the settings so when he attempts a breath the machine will take a complete breath for him but he has to "tell" it to do so. It will take 30 breaths for him and then he takes extra on his own. He's doing very well with this setting and his blood gasses have been good. His nurse and I spoke with the doctor about less morphine, he was still glazed over when awake and quite sleepy. They changed it from every 6 hours to 12. He is off hydrocortizone. They're going to continue his antibiotics through the weekend since he's shown improvement since he's been on them. His x-ray looks better. They started him on breast milk again, a small amount.

Stephanie let me do ALL the hands on today. I got to give him a bath, the only thing I had her do was suction him. They put the tube inside the tube down into his lungs and pull out any mucus. I can tell it makes him uncomfortable although he tolerates it well, I didn't want to do that part, but I suctioned out his mouth. She let me dress him in a shirt. We wrapped him in a blanket with his hands near his face like babies like. He looked so happy and cozy like a baby should. We shut off his bed temperature control and let him sleep wrapped like a baby should be. He looked less like a patient. It make mommy happy. I thank Stephanie for all she's done for us both. Her "old school" ways are so important. I bet he feels more like a normal baby.

I held him for about an hour. We were both sleepy. I took a selfie and will add it later. Tonight Aunt Becca, Aunt Lisa, Big Sister, Dada and I all went for a visit. Stephanie had him all dressed up in his baseball hat. I'll add those pics soon too.

When I called to speak with the night nurse he had residual, or his milk come back up and it was kind of green. Not a good sign. He's supposed to eat again at 11, we'll see if his last meal was digested well or not. I hope so.

Not sure about the night nurse, I've been spoiled and comfortable two nights in a row with Anne-Marie. Shauna is on tonight, she sounds medium "with it". Time will tell. I wish I could be in two places at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment