Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Thursday, June 18, 2015

June 18

Happy birthday Kate!

Daddy left work to get to Everett early yesterday since we weren't comfortable with his nurse. Aunt Muneca and cousin Selene came for a visit too! I called in at 7 PM to see who his night nurse was, to see if I would be spending the night at the hospital or not. It was Julie, our primary. She and Andre convince me to take a night off and just stay home to rest and relax. The guilt is horrible, but I knew I needed to get to bed early for one night, sleep never sounded so good! Sleep never felt so good. I still have to set my alarm for a few times throughout the night, to call in and see how he's doing. I sleep better knowing I will be waking up to check in, if I didn't set alarms I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Or a little tiger is doing great! His CPAP machine is at a five. They will lower it to a four or three tomorrow and hopefully we can start to try to feed this week! His doctors are starting to talk to me about necessary procedures before he goes home and programs he will start in, we still don't know how long it will be but the fact that conversation is being had about it is fabulous and comforting!

Today was his last day of his antibiotic. He is still getting breathing treatments. They have increased his feeds today to 55 it will go up again tomorrow and then they will stop giving him TPN, his fluids for feeding when he wasn't getting  breastmilk. They are also going to talk with the surgeon about removing his broviac, the tube he is getting food and was getting medicine through that is in his top left shoulder. Although we are not ready to take it out yet, another good conversation being head that is making it clear he is on the right track! They will run clear fluids through it to keep the line until we are sure he is comfortable digesting the increased amount of breast milk.

In order for him to leave, we need to see that he is gaining weight and eating well. There is no exact amount required, or so I was told today. He has started gaining weight back which is a really good sign. We almost had to cut his onesie off today, I don't know how the nurse got him in it, but we almost couldn't get him out of it. Unfortunately, he will miss out on wearing all of his newborn clothes, my big little man!! He lasted as long as Clara, she was only in newborn for the first week or two. He will be three weeks tomorrow! I cannot believe it has been three weeks!

Good morning Ma! 



I loved these onesies from Doe and Kate. I will need to try and find out where they got them, so I can get him 3 to 6 months. They will be perfect for summer! He looked like a little stuffed sausage this morning! 

Lisa is his nurse today, the moment I spoke with her on the phone on my way in, I knew it would be a great day! She is so sweet! Yay!!!! Thank you to Mary and her mom for being willing to help me out yesterday! 💙 

I forgot to mention under my thank you post that cousin Tyler was praying for baby Everett on his own, no one provoking him or reminding him, he is the sweetest. I need to add his prayer that Tiffany sent me, it was so sweet! I know all of his cousins can't wait to meet him,  near and far!

While skin to skin this morning, he decided to get I got his feeding tube.  Thankfully the nurse practitioner was talking to me while he did it. They decided to put it through his nose instead, so you will see that change in his pictures. The poor little man decided to spit up on both of us, probably from the tube switch, and I am leaking all over him. We are at milky mess right now. 

He is smiling now!!!!!

11 pm

Daddy went to see you after work, and I came back for your 8 pm feeding. You were dead to the world and your nurse seems great so im home and in bed at 11pm missing you bad. I'm hoping having to feed you soon is coming, so I thought I would try and rest up!! I love you my little tiger! 

No comments:

Post a Comment