Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 9

Everett is doing so good (in a mommy's opinion) for all he's dealing with today. They're taking him off his pain meds, weaning him with morphine, so that tells us how strong his pain meds are, my poor baby. He is also slowly having the hydrocortozone taken away. He started albuterol today, since he's on his new vent he can get breathing treatments. He has the CPT massage to help break up what's in his lungs, she gently pats a massager onto the top of his chest and the vibrating one goes on his back. They lay him on both sides to try and get things moving too. From time to time, things come out of his lungs so hopefully all this starts to help clear things up.

He is not digesting enough of my food to remove the UVC line. They looked at his veins again today to attempt a PICC. We WERE supposed to have a fun filled afternoon of Everett holding now that he's on his new machine. I was going to surprise Andre there for our anniversary, Courtney and Peter came over to watch Clara and then they decided to try for a PICC. Four hours later I found out they're not going to attempt the PICC, it would be a blind try.

His night nurse was horrible. I didn't sleep. I should have just gone in to be with him. My poor little big man.

Happy Anniversary my love, sorry I was a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment